Will hub be HD when it debuts on Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

wkomorow

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Jun 7, 2004
Berkshire, MA
According to Discovery, Hub will be on Dish on Oct 10. Dish never added @DK HD, but will they when it evolves into the Hub.

Apparently someone at DISH Network thinks that with the addition of Hasbro as a partner, the channel will be more compelling.

Certainly, there will be more content- from Meerkat Manor to My Little Pony. The thing about DK is that it was safe and predictable for parents. Shows like Meerkat Manor can be intense for younger children at times. It would be advantageous to add HD teen and pre-teen programing while in dispute with Disney in HD.

Just noticed Dish guide information shows hub programming. Looks like weeknights, it will have classic tv - Family Ties, Wonder Years, Doogie Hower, Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley, batman, etc.

Does anyone know if Dish has any plans to add The Hub in HD?

It actually seems to have more programming for everyone to watch. I may even watch Family Game Night and Pictureka!. I also noticed that The Hub will play movies like Garfield. I am sure others may like Batman Beyond and Men in Black: The Series. It is also interesting that The Hub will be carrying Meerkat Manor along with other classic television shows.

Does anyone know if Dish has any plans to add The Hub in HD?

It actually seems to have more programming for everyone to watch. I may even watch Family Game Night and Pictureka!. I also noticed that The Hub will play movies like Garfield. I am sure others may like Batman Beyond and Men in Black: The Series. It is also interesting that The Hub will be carrying Meerkat Manor along with other classic television shows.

I would assume that once the HD feed launches, Dish will add it soon after. Dish has always been pretty quick adding new Discovery HD feeds after they launch.

Discovery Kids has been up in testing for a few weeks. As of today Discovery Kids is The Hub... so its possible we could see it in HD soon.

Discovery Kids went HD several months ago, so there is a HD feed available. I watched a few minutes of Twisted Whiskers and thought it was funny - the character sounded like the one who played Steinbrenner on Seinfeld. I have actually set a timer for batman - I know it camp, but it's culty camp and I have not seen it in years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts