Will I be able to point to new satellites?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dcwebman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 21, 2006
Spring, TX
I am sorry as this has probably been asked before but after 30 minutes of searching I couldn't find it. Right now I have a Phase III dish and they had problems getting satellite 119 because of my apartment building's eaves partially blocking the signal so I'm only getting 40-45 signal strength. If I'm not mistaken, the 119 LNB on the Phase III is on the far right, looking from behind the dish.

D* is coming out to replace the dish with a Slimline so I'll be able to take advantage of the new channels when they come online. I can't find the new satellite direction numbers from searching but believe they were below 100. If that's the case, does it seem logical that if 119 is on the far right and I have no problem picking up 101 and 110 that the new satellites will be on the far left and I shouldn't have a problem with picking them up?

I am sorry as this has probably been asked before but after 30 minutes of searching I couldn't find it. Right now I have a Phase III dish and they had problems getting satellite 119 because of my apartment building's eaves partially blocking the signal so I'm only getting 40-45 signal strength. If I'm not mistaken, the 119 LNB on the Phase III is on the far right, looking from behind the dish.

D* is coming out to replace the dish with a Slimline so I'll be able to take advantage of the new channels when they come online. I can't find the new satellite direction numbers from searching but believe they were below 100. If that's the case, does it seem logical that if 119 is on the far right and I have no problem picking up 101 and 110 that the new satellites will be on the far left and I shouldn't have a problem with picking them up?

Your logic is correct, your numbers are not. The new sats will be located at 99 and 103, so yes, they will be toward the left.

The 119 LNB on a triple LNB dish is the one on the left when looking from behind the dish. The 119 satellite is the furthest west (right) so because of the geometry of the dish it reflects to the LNB on the left.

Great. So as long as I'm getting the other satellites strong, it's good to hear that I should be able to get the new ones strong too. At least I hope.

Dumb question. Are they going to be moving some of the 119 channels to the new satellites? That would at least get me better signal strength. Like last night it was just a little cloudy and because of the 40-45 signal strength, I was losing Discovery HD.

Great. So as long as I'm getting the other satellites strong, it's good to hear that I should be able to get the new ones strong too. At least I hope.

Dumb question. Are they going to be moving some of the 119 channels to the new satellites? That would at least get me better signal strength. Like last night it was just a little cloudy and because of the 40-45 signal strength, I was losing Discovery HD.

Clouds themselves shouldn't affect your signal strength. If they are storm clouds containing a lot of moisture, then they can.

Well, they won't be moving from the 119 to anything else, just to help you !!!!
But, I would imagine alot of channels will be changing locations once the new sat (s) get up and running.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.