Will I get a Hopper 3?

blackcat1

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 18, 2010
Springfield Missouri
After spending two years with DirecTV, I am planning to switch back to Dish. I am planning to place my order for dish online through dish.com, and noticed when you select that you have excellent credit, Dish suggests the Hopper 3 as your primary receiver instead of the Hopper 2. Can I expect that a Hopper 3 will be installed, even if all three of my TV's are HDTV's? I am planning to upgrade my primary TV to a 4K set but just haven't done so yet. I could go ahead and get a 4K TV before I have Dish installed if that helps me get a Hopper 3. Thanks for your responses.

Reactions: pattykay
I had a Hopper 3 long before I had a 4K TV. Relax, all sould be well. Now, before you let the installer in to set up, ensure that the Hopper 3 is there. If it isn’t refuse installation until it is.

Reactions: pattykay and DWS44
After spending two years with DirecTV, I am planning to switch back to Dish. I am planning to place my order for dish online through dish.com, and noticed when you select that you have excellent credit, Dish suggests the Hopper 3 as your primary receiver instead of the Hopper 2. Can I expect that a Hopper 3 will be installed, even if all three of my TV's are HDTV's? I am planning to upgrade my primary TV to a 4K set but just haven't done so yet. I could go ahead and get a 4K TV before I have Dish installed if that helps me get a Hopper 3. Thanks for your responses.
4K isn't really a factor because Dish has only... Let's see, 1, 2, 3, zero 4K channels. But if you order service for three TVs you should get a Hopper 3 but you better call or chat to confirm after you order.

4K isn't really a factor because Dish has only... Let's see, 1, 2, 3, zero 4K channels. But if you order service for three TVs you should get a Hopper 3 but you better call or chat to confirm after you order.
Actually Dish has a part time 4K channel, 540. It also has 4K PPV.

Tell them you want a Hopper 3. Don't accept anything else; you are just getting their service, they want your business, you have the most leverage right now. Should the installer show up with anything else, send him/her away.

Reactions: ncted
Tell them you want a Hopper 3. Don't accept anything else; you are just getting their service, they want your business, you have the most leverage right now. Should the installer show up with anything else, send him/her away.
...or have the tech get Dish on the phone and work it out, instead of "sending him away".... smh

Don't split hairs. I'm talking about channels people actually want to watch.
Um, people actually want to watch channel 540. It included the last Summer and Winter Olympics, Planet Earth II, and the upcoming World Cup. Maybe you don't want to watch any of that but hundreds of thousands to millions actually do...

Reactions: HipKat
Um, people actually want to watch channel 540. It included the last Summer and Winter Olympics, Planet Earth II, and the upcoming World Cup. Maybe you don't want to watch any of that but hundreds of thousands to millions actually do...
But did it have the royal wedding in 4K? Because we all know that's what everyone wants to watch along with the world cup.

...or have the tech get Dish on the phone and work it out, instead of "sending him away".... smh

Best to send them on - if the tech has to sit there and wait for another tech to bring them the box it cuts into the BOTH tech's bottom line as they don't get paid to wait around or transport equipment.
I hated that as a tech - the crap office I worked for RSP Via sat would pull that nonsense just to get the job completed even if you wasted 2hours.

Best to send them on - if the tech has to sit there and wait for another tech to bring them the box it cuts into the BOTH tech's bottom line as they don't get paid to wait around or transport equipment.
I hated that as a tech - the crap office I worked for RSP Via sat would pull that nonsense just to get the job completed even if you wasted 2hours.
The bottom line for every office up to Dish Corporate is that nothing is worse than a job that goes down. Nothing. If a guy has to wait for equipment to get the job in, so be it. It's never best to send him on. The tech's not getting paid to NOT do a job.

OR, a GOOD tech will be prepared for anything. I carry 4 of every receiver., 1 case ea of Joey 2's and Joey 3's and WiFi Joeys, 4 WAP's. 5 HIC's, 2 44 and 42 switches, etc.

Just make sure the email confirmation says Hopper3. Also make sure you are getting Joey 3s as well. Dish tried to give me a Hopper w/Sling instead. I complained, and they fixed it.

Reactions: HipKat
80/20 you will be taking that trip to the curb.

Soon,very soon...
Especially if navychop follows the advice in this thread: Hopper Issue

Thanks for the info. After much frustration I sent an e-mail to executivecustomerservice@dish.com explaining our position.
With the April update we lost the ability to view/manipulate recordings on the second hopper so we had to get another remote and plug in a second HDMI in to the main TV.
The wife was not happy and ... well that makes me unhappy as you might expect....

We pretty much had already decided to jump ship when this morning I got a call from Dish.
I guess it takes the right person to get why this is an issue that Dish created.
They are doing a free H3/Joey3 upgrade and no contract.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)