Will I need to reset my receiver to get the new channels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ONUOsFan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
Fishers, IN
Just curious... whenever they do finally light up these channels, will they just show up, or will we have to restart our receivers?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm still a satellite newbie (4 mos. on D*, all cable before that).

Just curious... whenever they do finally light up these channels, will they just show up, or will we have to restart our receivers?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm still a satellite newbie (4 mos. on D*, all cable before that).

A reset should not be necessary.

If your guide is set to "channels I receive" they'll be there.

If you're using a "custom favorites" list, you'll have to edit the list to add them. But again, no reset should be necessary.

Man, i was just settled down after yesterday.....

Okay Im back waiting for the new HD. Darn.........

Do you think the receiver will need to do a software update? I just ask because on my TV when it does such things it can't be displayed on my HDMI. The installer had to hook up a composite cable to the tv to see that the receiver was updating.

Do you think the receiver will need to do a software update? I just ask because on my TV when it does such things it can't be displayed on my HDMI. The installer had to hook up a composite cable to the tv to see that the receiver was updating.

It will not need an uptate. The last several revs of firmware have been capable of seeing all the transponder frequencies D* has any plans to use in the forseeable future.

No updates, nor reboots should be necessary to see the new channels. They'll just "appear" in the guide.

If you're using a custom list, however, you'll need to edit it to add the new channels to it after they go live.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)