Will installer be able to do this..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

andyin137

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
Lompoc,California
I am thinking of switching over from Dish.But in order to do so I need Directv to take down Dish and put Directv dish in same spot on existing bracket arm.This is required by Landlord.How can I get Directv to come out and check to see if they can do before I commite to install.

I am thinking of switching over from Dish.But in order to do so I need Directv to take down Dish and put Directv dish in same spot on existing bracket arm.This is required by Landlord.How can I get Directv to come out and check to see if they can do before I commite to install.

More than likely, no. Dish uses mostly 1 5/8 inch poles where directv uses 2 inch for everything now so unless you're getting standard only and are lucky enough to have the installer have an old school 18 inch dish you're kinda SOL

must be i am in the right part of the country. D* came out last week to my neighbor and installed the D* dish at the location E* was installed. i went and got the turbo dish from the installer because he didn't want it. sold same for $25.00. it was a NEW install and he used the 2" for the dish and the proper braces.

Without getting this moved to the war zone, let's just say that there is reason enough to choice either one over the other.

The last turbo hd dish i saw was 1 5/8" I looked just to be sure, our azel did not fit the mast pipe, and using a dish mast wouldnt pass an hsp qa either. Good luck with this, but Im with hutch, chances are slim to none. Unless you want SD and the installer hordes old dishes for this purpose. I have one left i kept for this that was pretty good from an upgrade i did, so it could happen. But HD is probably out of the question, unless you have what I believe is a 1st Gen Superdish (very old) that had a 2" OD.

The last turbo hd dish i saw was 1 5/8" I looked just to be sure, our azel did not fit the mast pipe, and using a dish mast wouldnt pass an hsp qa either. Good luck with this, but Im with hutch, chances are slim to none. Unless you want SD and the installer hordes old dishes for this purpose. I have one left i kept for this that was pretty good from an upgrade i did, so it could happen. But HD is probably out of the question, unless you have what I believe is a 1st Gen Superdish (very old) that had a 2" OD.

I'm that horder...kinda! I keep an old school 18 incher on my truck for easy swaps whenever they're actually installed correctly and I don't need to run anything to a ground source. Just swap the old dish an run a new drop and tie in to everything else

I'm that horder...kinda! I keep an old school 18 incher on my truck for easy swaps whenever they're actually installed correctly and I don't need to run anything to a ground source. Just swap the old dish an run a new drop and tie in to everything else

I think all good techs are. I put a job in yesterday that 2ppl downed for los119. It was right now Los. But it was a genie and 2 clients so I threw a sl3 up called mastec0 and called it a day. They fought with me over it but when I said okay either change the lnb oli for me or cancel the job and you can explain to the cm why she can't have tv. it got done. Some ppl just want an easy way out. I like my money... I keep all kinds of stuff that I shouldn't on my van. Usually qas leaves me alone because I still ground and pass eiv. My completion rate is like 99% idc if it's to "dtv standards" so long as it works and the cm is happy. My csat is one of the highest in my office too... go figure lol.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)