Status
Please reply by conversation.

AntDogg65

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 25, 2008
Nashville, TN
Hey SatGuys,

I have a Direct install scheduled for Friday afternoon and I was wondering, since I am currently switching from Dish to Direct, would I have to take down my Dish network satellite or will the Direct installer do it for me? I live in a apartment and my dish is mounted to the balcony, more than likely, this is where the Direct installer will have to install his Dish. No rooftops or climbing ladders involved, just a simple disconnect. If anyone knows, could you please respond as I can work on that before the install.:confused:

I am sure he would do it for you, but make sure he doesn't take the LNB from your old dish with him, Dish is going to want you to mail that back to them.

I switched like you and he took it down for me, no problem. It was probably easier for him because he used the same coax that was run into my house.

I just helped my neighbor take down an old DirecTV dish after a Slimline install by DirecTV. The tech told him that since it was in a different location and he was running all new cable it didn't have to be removed for the new install so he wasn't going to do it. Of course this same tech put up a Slimline without monopoles and it supposedly passed QC. :confused:

Depends on the installer and if they can use the same mount for the new dish. If I pole mount a new dish I'm not going to go on the roof and remove an old dish. Thats just me. Wait and see what happens is all I can say.

Yea they do (LNB), they are just not as restrictive on it.. ie telling some 85 year old lady in a wheelchair to pull out her 40' ladder and climb her 8:12 pitch roof..they will waive the $150 if you tell them the dish is inaccessible by you.

I cant see why not antdogg65 i always take down direct dish when installing but most of the time i leave up the mast so i can put on the square shooter ant for local and 4 show recording on each dvr.

I just helped my neighbor take down an old DirecTV dish after a Slimline install by DirecTV. The tech told him that since it was in a different location and he was running all new cable it didn't have to be removed for the new install so he wasn't going to do it. Of course this same tech put up a Slimline without monopoles and it supposedly passed QC. :confused:

I suspect it was an HSP tech that was more worried about how he was going to finish the four 1-5pm installs they routed him than about the old dish still being on the side of the house.

Hey SatGuys,

I have a Direct install scheduled for Friday afternoon and I was wondering, since I am currently switching from Dish to Direct, would I have to take down my Dish network satellite or will the Direct installer do it for me? I live in a apartment and my dish is mounted to the balcony, more than likely, this is where the Direct installer will have to install his Dish. No rooftops or climbing ladders involved, just a simple disconnect. If anyone knows, could you please respond as I can work on that before the install.:confused:

This was the condition of my getting DirecTV. Unless they took down the old E Dish's I would not proceed with an install.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts