Will my old echostar antenna/dish work with current DN?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Goldenvoice

Original poster
Jan 11, 2010
Pacific Wonderland
10 years ago we had Echostar (Dish). The antenna/dish is still installed/intact, as well as the cable.

We're considering DIRECTV, and I'm wondering if the old antenna/dish will work? We're only interested in a single tuner/ non-HD set up.

Thoughts?
(yes, I know we'll have to re-set the dish to DIRECTV's satellite)

Thanks, Joe

Last edited:
Welcome!

Echostar was/is Dish Network, not DirecTV. You should post this in the Dish Network forum...or ask the mods to move it...

As far as your question goes, a lot has changed in 10 years. So I doubt it. They will replace the dish as part of your free install anyway...might as well get the latest technology.

OH, screwed that up, didn't I?

We HAD Dish Network (echostar).

We are considering DIRECTV.

Sorry about that.

Well...that doesn't change my answer much.....call DirecTV and see what kind of deal you can get. They will give you free installation. They will not use the old dish, the new dish, especially for HD is completely different.

Depending on where the cable is run (outside vs. inside) the installer might replace it as well.

Good luck, let us know how the install goes!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)