will remotes for TV1 and TV2 both work on UHF?

Success!

I did it! Was inadvertently leaving out the last step, 'record'.

Would I be able to get the other remote, the 6.3 IR/UHF Pro, with a switch inside the battery compartment that says A to B, to work as well?
Great. Yep that record step is the clincher. Yes you could use another 6.3 with the appropriate key, but why? The 21.0 are learning remotes and much easier to work with. They are the latest and greatest.

I just got my 6.3 IR/UHF remote to work TV1, minutes ago.
Took battery cap off, slid out the blue #2 key, turned over to black UHF. (This moves a switch when inserted.) Display menu+menu, press and hold Sat until all light, press desired number code, then #, and finally record. The Dish tech had set one 722 to TV1=4 TV2=12 and the other to TV1=7 TV2=11. Both A/B switches were A.

I did not check the 622 in son's room. You should see the number change on the menu+menu or front-panel info screen. Remember doing Sat hold, #, # will flash the number code in pulses--hard to check the big ones.

I still looking for a code to program VCR or Aux as a second 722. To set Aux as a TV the code is preceded by 0, for VCR/DVD by 1, and for an tuner or amplifier by 2. Don't see any codes 000 to 499. So what code for the Dish receiver? Is there one?

-Ken

It works quite a distance in the house, if you extend it. I use one in the living room and the other (tv2) in the Bedroom and one in the office (tv2 also)of the house. One has a cement wall between the remote and receiver. Just make sure they are for ch1 (living room tv1) and ch2 for all others on tv2.

You can use a 21.0 remote either IR or UHF. This remote is compatable with the 622. Another option for you. Thanks.

Wow, decorated for Christmas! Pretty! It would be great if I could do up the house with this kind of wallpaper.

But I just realized the remote for TV2 is exactly the same model, #148786, and works with a key that is blue with a 2 on it.

The one upstairs won't work through the wall whether it has the black key that says 'UHF' or the green one that has number 1.

Ventilation,

it's a big closet, not very stuffy, but how much ventilation should it have? (If it were up to me I'd leave it where it is, but it's not).

If people stick them in tv cabinets or entertainment centers, the closet in question is more ventilated than that.

Play DVD on TV-2?

This morning's update 12-24-11

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)