Will Satellite Radio be around in 5 yrs?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I am thinking about HD radio, Does anyone out there have HD radio and how is it.

I am a satrad sub(2 Xm 1 Sirius)who also thought HD radio was sub-par. Couldn't have been more wrong.

After researching it and trying it out, I ended up buying a Sony XDR-S3HD for my home office. Excellent radio. I live in the Chicago area and have 55 HD stations and 19 HD2 stations with more on then way(HD3). The unit I have has a remote and I can listen to AM/FM/HD2 for hours without ever listening to a commercial.

The sound quality blows away even the best satellite reception.It cost me 175 and of course no subscription fees.Many of the HD2 have no commercials right now.

The Ford motor company will begin putting HD radios as standard in many 2009 models and optional in others.

I believe that not only is HD here to stay, but it may eventually hurt satellite radio subs down the line, especially in larger markets where there will be many HD stations. I have been frustrated with the lousy AQ of both XM and Sirius and have been listening to them less and less.

Check out the Sony, it is a nice radio. I also heard a Sangean which cost less and also sounded good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts