Will Sky Angel also go to nagravison 2?

rjc3895

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Sep 28, 2004
I subscribed to the lifetime membership for Sky Angel more than 6 years ago. I've moved three times, and I never bothered to keep Sky Angel updated on my new address. I figured it was no big deal because I am a lifetime subscriber. Well, with DishNetwork moving to nagravision 2, I was wondering if I need to finally contact Sky Angel for a card update. I do not subscribe to DishNetwork. I only get Sky Angel, over-the-air channels, and legal FTA channels. does anyone know the answer to this? Thanks.

Sky Angel is using Dish's satellites and uplink center, so I think the chances of requiring a card swap are 100 percent.

Yes! You will want to make sure they have a valid current address! Im skyangel only and got the new card today! They are doing them in computer generated batches, so you'll want to ready for when they finally get around to sending a card your way. ( the package I got from E* said i had to swap out my card by May 3rd )

address

yes they use Dish's satellite. However Sky Angel is a completely seperate company and though you may even have Dish programming, Sky Angel will turn your service off possibly in the future if you do not update your address. They may send you a card asking you if you are still watching the programming. If you do not respond they assume you are not and turn it off. This is the only method they have to control Candian customers getting the programming illegally and to prevent illegal transfer of lifelongs.

They can turn off your Sky Angel without turning off your Dish Network. All it takes is a push of a button. You may want to keep them up to date on that information.

Well now you got me to wondering....I'm a lifelonger SA subscriber since after the 1997 NQC sometime in Oct I think and I've been in the same place for all this time but in another thread I've got the idea that SA might look at the lifelong contract as only from the original address.

Does anyone know for sure that if you move and notify them a change of address that they might turn off your SA? I just figured that if you move and since it is lifetime that was it but for some reason I'm thinking I've read this somewhere else recently......or gee, maybe I dreamed it.

Whoa, what's going to happen to my mind when I really get old. Haha.

No

MDB in SE Texas said:
Well now you got me to wondering....I'm a lifelonger SA subscriber since after the 1997 NQC sometime in Oct I think and I've been in the same place for all this time but in another thread I've got the idea that SA might look at the lifelong contract as only from the original address. Does anyone know for sure that if you move and notify them a change of address that they might turn off your SA? I just figured that if you move and since it is lifetime that was it but for some reason I'm thinking I've read this somewhere else recently......or gee, maybe I dreamed it. Whoa, what's going to happen to my mind when I really get old. Haha.

no no no. Your lifelong is just that, a lifelong sub. If you move it goes with you. You simply cannot give it to another person. You need to keep your address updated though so that if they need to verify information, which they legitimately may need to, they have your info.

Evidently there are alot of Canadians who have the programming with US addresses and so they are doing this to turn them off. Sky Angel cannot legally provide programming to Canada (Canada law) and so many Canadians illegally get it. Obviously SA doesnt likely want any bad pub, so they are enforcing it. If you get turned off, simply call and they'll turn it back on but they'll want your new updated info. Your lifelong is a true lifelong sub.

I have a lifelong and spoke to them and asked the same thing. It's safe.

YES,

You can update your info, I had an issue where E* nixed my lifelong sub access when I cancelled E*'s service. I hadnt updated billing info with skyangel but when I call them, I updated that info with them and they where able to send the re-hit for my life long sub.

Right

mattb said:
YES,

You can update your info, I had an issue where E* nixed my lifelong sub access when I cancelled E*'s service. I hadnt updated billing info with skyangel but when I call them, I updated that info with them and they where able to send the re-hit for my life long sub.

Right, if you update it, Dish can do a rehit, so long as Sky Angel has not told them to restrict service. Sky Angel can send something to them stating to restrict your service. At that point they will not send another signal unless Sky Angel approves it. This is why Sky Angel needs the current info.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts