Will SkyAngel Survive Internet Broadcasting?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

andrews777

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 5, 2004
This is a problem for broadcasters and cable companies in general, but do you all think SkyAngel can survive, and even thrive, as more and more comes available on the Internet? The variety and quality of audio and video is increasing every day. Can even a service like SkyAngel survive that?

Note that I expect it to also have a major (bad) impact on Dish, DTV, the broadcast networks, etc.

Brad

andrews777 said:
This is a problem for broadcasters and cable companies in general, but do you all think SkyAngel can survive, and even thrive, as more and more comes available on the Internet? The variety and quality of audio and video is increasing every day. Can even a service like SkyAngel survive that?

Note that I expect it to also have a major (bad) impact on Dish, DTV, the broadcast networks, etc.

Brad

They said that television would kill radio.
I think that each transmission medium will find it's niche. Even today not everyone has cable or satellite let along broadband Internet, including me, I still have dialup.

Jeff

But SkyAngel is a much different niche. It is a narrow provider of limited services. While TV didn't kill radio, it did kill many things on radio, like most of the radio dramas that used to be popular. :)

Brad

Sirius and XM has some things on the radio that analog radio didn't offer (at least for a long time) such as the television stations in audio if I am not mistaken. I see the television logos.

SkyAngel has lots of Christans who are very loyal customers and they charge such a low subscription fee I don't see them going out of business anytime soon.