will the dish 622 dvr output 16:9 480i over s video?

The way to watch OTA on TV2 is to start DVRing the OTA on TV1, and have TV2 watch the DVR'd program. A few seconds delay, that's all.

... Only in single mode can I get the 622 to output an anamorphic 4x3 image of 16x9 content.

TV2 in dual mode restricts the image to letterboxed 4x3 or zoomed/cropped 4x3. The 622 needs an anamorphic output in dual mode option for TV2.

OK, if you get that wish, then I want to have a letterboxed output capability in single mode. :)

I use single mode (for various reasons) and occasionally pipe it via RF (SD) to 4:3 TVs in the house. When watching HD widescreen source material, I have to endure anamorphic stretch on those sets. :rolleyes:

From TV1, I use component cables to my TV, S-Video to my DVD Recorder, and put a splitter on my audio cables, 1 going to my audio receiver, the other to my DVD Recorder. That seems to work out just fine.

TV2 I only use for my kids cheap TV's (actually split the coax) and use the RCA cables to my old VCR (which rarely gets any use).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)