Will the HWS ever get the CUI?

What's with this triple posting again?

And it won't let me delete permanently.

Please stop your never ending negative comments about the carbon UI. It is starting to make you look silly in my humble opinion.

Ok. It's gotten old. But one last time, and I'll hope for a release with no problems.

My concerns are that the final version pushed out to "all" HWS users is that certain H3 problems, and perhaps others, will be visited upon us.

-OTA problems
-EHD problems
-loss of 4x FF, something we use a lot
-1/4 & 1/15 forward and back stay, right?
-loss of 30 mins from guide. Minor.
-inconsistent behavior from large to smaller guide size
-reports of no longer being able to schedule a recording on HWS #2 when all tuners on HWS #1 are in use. BIGGIE.
-reports of some difficulty in accessing another Hopper's recordings.

I'm sure there are other things, but this is right off the top of my head. Seems to me surprising that these problems exist, even if not for everyone. Not what I'd consider release ready.

The Hopper w/Sling has never had the OTA problem that I presume you are referring to. That is, playback of OTA recordings ?

4X FF is gone in the current HwS version of the new interface.

As for the 1/4 and 1/15 FF speeds, those are the ones you get after pressing Pause and then FF ? One or both are gone as well. We get "Slow" instead. No idea if "slow" = 1/4 or 1/15 speed.

As you admit, losing 30 minutes from the guide is minor. Basically, someone who complains about that is just looking for things to complain about.

Small to large guide adjustment - people need to just live with that. Making everything bigger means data must be lost. It's a trade-off of take it or leave it. Personally, the large guide looks cartoonish to me.

I have to agree with navychop. It doesn't make sense to force a new interface on everyone that more issues than our current interface. As I have said before, I would much rather wait until the major issues are fixed. In my opinion, I do not think that the CUI is ready to release to the older Hoppers.

I have to agree with navychop. It doesn't make sense to force a new interface on everyone that more issues than our current interface. As I have said before, I would much rather wait until the major issues are fixed. In my opinion, I do not think that the CUI is ready to release to the older Hoppers.

Just curious, what are these 'major issues'?

To Navy's defence, He has a Point about the Customers with 2 Hoppers.
But the Customers with only a Single Hopper, encounter very small inconveniences.

But there are some bigger issues with the 2+Hopper crowd.
But that aside worst case, a person with a 722 upgrading, isn't getting a 2 Hopper setup.
They are Getting either a Single H2, Maybe SuperJoey too or H3.

If I can deal with the Dual H2 bugs, Im sure most people will never notice a Thing.

They moved the 'preview' window from the top to the right-hand side. That took away space for spanning more time.

In all seriousness, I don't get what the big deal about it is. I'm concerned with what's on now and maybe the next hour. If I want to see further ahead, I have to use a convoluted and difficult key-press sequence of pressing the right-arrow button... :p

Reactions: bmetelsky
They moved the program description from above the guide to the right side using the space that was used for the last 1/2 hour.
But its really not that big a deal you still get the current and next program listed (unless the current program is 3+ hours long) so there is plenty of guide to use to set up timers 99.99% of the time.

The preview window is still on top just in the other corner has no effect on the guide.

Why would they remove one of the Hopper's greatest features- the ability to have a second Hopper record when the first Hopper is out of tuners? Just to encourage a move to the H3?

I have 3 external hard drives for my 2 hopper with sling receivers. They work very well. Dish needs to fix their problems with the new interface recognizing drives before they consider downgrading our working interface to the poor CUI.

Also they need to allow PTAT to be shared between 2 hopper with sling receivers before they force us to downgrade.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)