Will the HWS ever get the CUI?

I was being sarcastic.... On the previous software, you had the option to turn OFF the banner and when you did, you got (7) channels. On the new interface, the banner can't be turned off but you still get (8) channels.

To Navy's defence, He has a Point about the Customers with 2 Hoppers.
But the Customers with only a Single Hopper, encounter very small inconveniences.

Why should we have to suffer any inconvenience? Isn't a new release of something, in this case a new UI, supposed to be "new and improved" or something like that? Instead we may get a new UI and a new set of "inconveniences".

Is it so inconvenient to quote a post properly...
Ya know, we all have had a time or two where we replied 'within the quotes' in error. I don't find it a big deal so I don't take the time to chastise the poor soul who did it. You on the other hand......

Last night while setting a timer on the LR HWS, the offer to record on the MBR HWS popped up. I mentioned to my wife that this feature was about to go away.

Err, ummm- she wasn't happy.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I like the three hour guide, because Prime Time is three hours long. I can look at the three hours of prime time and then skip to the three hours of prime time for each day of the week, without moving the daily guide left and then back right. I mostly record just Prime time, since all the good shows are run in Prime time sooner or later. Three hour guide makes life much easier, one push from one day to the next, right out to the 8 or 9 days listed.

Its a major deal to me.

Also, if the CUI is really rolling out, then why has only one member reported it???????????????

Reactions: Jim S. and dishrich
Many, if not most, prime time shows are one hour series. That last half hour isn't all that important. While there are several half hour sitcoms in prime time, all of the 10 until 11 programs are full hour. What you see in your guide that goes from 10 until 10:30 will have the same information for that next half hour....

Reactions: Hall
Also, if the CUI is really rolling out, then why has only one member reported it???????????????

Actually, AFAIK, no one that is sitting still with NO changes has received the CUI (other than those that forced it). The new CUI is going out to new customers, replacement HWSs, and upgrades..
Gerry

I'm with you jerryez regarding the guide. It just doesn't make sense to loose if you go forward. I guess if some of the other DVR providers with their service or as an addon(ie;TIVO) were 2 1/2hr's the point would be less meaningful.
I just looked my TiVo guide is 1 1/2 hours

Reactions: Hall
My TiVo guide is 2 1/2 hours and I do not like it either. But Dish is going backwards by reducing the guide from 3 hours to 2 1/2 hours. We had 3 hours, we liked 3 hours and Dish we want our 3 hours back before you go to the new CUI.............................................................................period, period, period.

Reactions: Jim S.
My TiVo guide is 2 1/2 hours and I do not like it either. But Dish is going backwards by reducing the guide from 3 hours to 2 1/2 hours. We had 3 hours, we liked 3 hours and Dish we want our 3 hours back before you go to the new CUI.............................................................................period, period, period.
Why not just take your bat and ball and go home!

I forced updated Tuesday with the button press combo and I like the CUI. Sure a couple of things are missing (recording to second Hopper if Hopper has all three tuners in use and 1/2 hour off from the EPG but overall I think the UI operates more smoothly and was able to access some menus faster. For example you can find the Whole Home/Networking and Dish Diagnostics settings faster by just pushing Menu twice. I haven't had any noticeable changes in stability since upgrading and I swear my PQ is slightly better on some some channels. (CNN, Fox News)

That loss of recording to HWS #2 is a real problem in our household. I can only assume they took away such a great feature, that was long in coming and so lauded, in order to push the H3.

And now people are saying "so what?"

I like both of my H2's just as they are.

I don't want the narrower time window for programming.

I do not want all the cutesy graphic crap on the screen that only occupies space - gives no information.

Channels icons as they are on the H2 are fine and make it quicker to find what I'm looking for.

If it ain't broke - DON'T FIX IT!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)