Will the Kindle Fire be able to watch live Dish programming thru my sling adapter?

When I looked it up they wanted $30 for the Kindle for the app. Does it cost anything and does it work with the latest Asus Transformer Tablet? I have it installed on my Android phone and it works fine on it. I have the usb sling adapter.

Last edited:
All he has done is found a work around to get dish Online to work on this device. This is not sideloading your device with DVR content. He can use this device, that apparently isn't compatible with the DRA app yet, and use it with Dishonline.com and the flash player is detected and content will play.

All he has done is found a work around to get dish Online to work on this device. This is not sideloading your device with DVR content. He can use this device, that apparently isn't compatible with the DRA app yet, and use it with Dishonline.com and the flash player is detected and content will play.

You have to sideload dish remote access app.The kindle fire uses android OS so therefore its definitely compatible.Why dish/amazon hasn't released it on amazon market yet is anyone's guess,it works great for us.

Teehar,
I followed your instruction and got to my receiver just fine. I see my DVR and the serial # to my sling adapter shows etc. but every time that I try to start a recording, a tv show, or movie I get a pop up telling me that I can take my tv anywhere if I just get a sling adapter. It won't play the shows. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Teehar,
I followed your instruction and got to my receiver just fine. I see my DVR and the serial # to my sling adapter shows etc. but every time that I try to start a recording, a tv show, or movie I get a pop up telling me that I can take my tv anywhere if I just get a sling adapter. It won't play the shows. Any thoughts? Thanks.

hmm not sure about that.Sometimes I have to close the sling app and restart it but,it works fine after that.Can you access the sling via a laptop or pc?

hey just wanted to thank you for your instructions, after I loaded the latest all it worked like a charm. btw I was able to load the all directly to my kindle not downloading.
do you happen to know if there is a max go work around since there is no direct app that I've found.
again thanks.

hey just wanted to thank you for your instructions, after I loaded the latest all it worked like a charm. btw I was able to load the all directly to my kindle not downloading.
do you happen to know if there is a max go work around since there is no direct app that I've found.
again thanks.

Glad to hear you got it working.Don't think there is a maxgo app for Dish yet.

If you've already got the Fire, fine. But for $25 more you can get the Nexus 7 instead, and not have to deal with a crippled device.

Well worth the extra $25. There is supposed to be a cheaper Nexus 7 device coming out soon too so it will well compete against the currently cheaper Kindle Fires perhaps forcing them to drop their price again. Nexus 7 is a superior device to the Kindle.

If you've already got the Fire, fine. But for $25 more you can get the Nexus 7 instead, and not have to deal with a crippled device.

Yea I'm sure the Nexus 7 is great,I wouldn't mind to try one.That said,my wife and I both love the Kindle Fire's.Root them and you have plenty of neat options.

Yea I'm sure the Nexus 7 is great,I wouldn't mind to try one.That said,my wife and I both love the Kindle Fire's.Root them and you have plenty of neat options.

I have a Kindle Fire HD but I'm not to crazy about rooting it. Dish Remote Access works on it but its not the latest version i.e., the Dish Anywhere App. Can anyone PM me with the apk file with this latest app so I can sideload my Kindle Fire HD. Thanks

I have a Kindle Fire HD but I'm not to crazy about rooting it. Dish Remote Access works on it but its not the latest version i.e., the Dish Anywhere App. Can anyone PM me with the apk file with this latest app so I can sideload my Kindle Fire HD. Thanks

This is where I go to get most apps not available via Amazon.

PHP:
http://www.1mobile.com/search.php?keywords=dish+remote+access

This is where I go to get most apps not available via Amazon.

PHP:
http://www.1mobile.com/search.php?keywords=dish+remote+access

Could you explain then how to use this website to download the Dish Anywhere android app i.e., the apk file to my PC? I do not believe one can directly download this app to a PC from the Dish Anywhere website. If it is possible, I would like to know. That is why I was hoping someone who has the apk file on their android device to PM me with the file. Thanks

Could you explain then how to use this website to download the Dish Anywhere android app i.e., the apk file to my PC? I do not believe one can directly download this app to a PC from the Dish Anywhere website. If it is possible, I would like to know. That is why I was hoping someone who has the apk file on their android device to PM me with the file. Thanks

You can't get it from dish anywhere.com. Download the file from the google play store.

I can not download it from the google play store to my PC and I can not download apps from the google play store directly to my Kindle Fire HD. I realize that you try to help folks and I am sure you have helped a lot of folks but I don't think you understand the issue here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)