Will the Kindle Fire be able to watch live Dish programming thru my sling adapter?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Could you explain then how to use this website to download the Dish Anywhere android app i.e., the apk file to my PC?

What's stopping you from browsing to satelliteguys using your Kindle Fire HD and then selecting that link to download the apk directly?

What's stopping you from browsing to satelliteguys using your Kindle Fire HD and then selecting that link to download the apk directly?

The link at SatelliteGuys goes to the Google website and you can not download an app from the Google website directly to a Kindle Fire HD, you need to sideload it.

Well that sucks. I thought I had done this on my wife's Kindle Fire SD, but I may not be remembering correctly.

Could you explain then how to use this website to download the Dish Anywhere android app i.e., the apk file to my PC? I do not believe one can directly download this app to a PC from the Dish Anywhere website. If it is possible, I would like to know. That is why I was hoping someone who has the apk file on their android device to PM me with the file. Thanks

It's a breeze actually.Just d/load the apk to your pc.Save it in a location that is easy to find.Make sure you have esexplorer or something similar,I prefer esexplorer,connect your Kindle to your pc usb port,load the apk to your kindle.Then use esexplorer to install it.That is one of the biggest drawbacks of googleplay,you only have the option of installing the file to your device.Doesn't help if you aren't rooted.If your rooted you can install the play store and install directly to the kindle however,there are still a few apps that will say incompatible with your kindle.So,it's much easier in the long run just to sideload.Esexplorer is available from the amazon market.

fyi..If you really want to get into the rooting and all the possibilities of your kindle,check out xdadevelopers.Lots of tips and great info can be found there.

Last edited:
It's a breeze actually.Just d/load the apk to your pc.Save it in a location that is easy to find.Make sure you have esexplorer or something similar,I prefer esexplorer,connect your Kindle to your pc usb port,load the apk to your kindle.Then use esexplorer to install it.That is one of the biggest drawbacks of googleplay,you only have the option of installing the file to your device.Doesn't help if you aren't rooted.If your rooted you can install the play store and install directly to the kindle however,there are still a few apps that will say incompatible with your kindle.So,it's much easier in the long run just to sideload.Esexplorer is available from the amazon market.

fyi..If you really want to get into the rooting and all the possibilities of your kindle,check out xdadevelopers.Lots of tips and great info can be found there.

I know how to sideload my Kindle Fire HD and I use EsExplorer for it. What I don't know how to do is download the apk file to my PC. I'll check out the xdadevelopers site but if you have instructions on how to download the apk file to my PC, I'd greatly appreciate that.

I know how to sideload my Kindle Fire HD and I use EsExplorer for it. What I don't know how to do is download the apk file to my PC. I'll check out the xdadevelopers site but if you have instructions on how to download the apk file to my PC, I'd greatly appreciate that.

http://www.1mobile.com/search.php?keywords=dish+remote+access

Go there,highlight dishanywhere,a pop up icon comes up,click on the down arrow,now you have the option to d/load to pc.

I've tried several times. I down load but it won't let me install it. What do I open it with?

You need to provide some more details. What device did you download the app to and what device are you trying to run it on?

yeah the kindle runs on android but we had a training calss and the told us that andriod services are going to be able to view live tv or dvr recording but its going to be on june or july.

yeah the kindle runs on android but we had a training calss and the told us that andriod services are going to be able to view live tv or dvr recording but its going to be on june or july.

Uhh you can do it now.Works fine.Hopefully Dish will release an Amazon approved version,so folks won't have to sideload though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts