Will the Miami Marlins do it?

Will the 2013 Marlins outdraw the 2001 Expos (Expos drew 642,745 that year)?

• Yes they will draw more than 642,745 for the year and will draw at least 1 million

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Yes they will draw more than 642,745 for the year but won't draw 1 million

Votes: 16 61.5%
  • No they will not draw more than 642,745 for the year

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Well lets have a little fun poll here......

In 2001 the 3rd year of the "Loria running Montreal into the ground" regime the Expos had only 642,745 "fans" show up at the 81 home games (per baseball-reference)...the lowest form 1999-2004 when they left

Now that Loria is trying to do the same thing in Miami I pose to you a simple question.
Will Miami have fewer fans show up at the park this year than Montreal did in 2001?

your options are
Yes they will draw more than 642,745 for the year and will draw at least 1 million
Yes they will draw more than 642,745 for the year but won't draw 1 million
No they will not draw more than 642,745 for the year

Last edited:
Well lets have a little fun poll here......

In 2001 the 3rd year of the "Loria running Montreal into the ground" regime the Expos had only 642,745 "fans" show up at the 81 home games (per baseball-reference)

Now that Loria is trying to do the same thing in Miami I pose to you a simple question.
Will Miami have fewer fans show up at the park this year than Montreal did in 2001?

your options are
Yes they will draw more than 642,745 for the year and will draw at least 1 million
Yes they will draw more than 642,745 for the year but won't draw 1 million
No they will not draw more than 642,745 for the year

Wow.... Hmmmm, I am going to say YES to OVER 642,745 for the year but won't draw 1 million.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

just some notes about the Expos attendance that year
Biggest crowd was home opener 45183
Smallest was Sept 19th against the Marlins 2887
13 games had attendance over 10000 (thats it)
The 3 game series against Boston drew 62318 for the series (almost 33,000 in the 1st game which was on a Sunday)

They'll draw more then 642,745 but not a million fans. Its going to be a long year for the Marlins. And yes, I can say the samething for the Mets.

IF they avg 12,500 that puts them slightly over a Million, I said, over the Expos, but under the Million mark.

That may be a bit generous ...

Of thier 81 games, how many will draw LESS than 10,000 ?

I'm gonna guess 25.

It will be interesting if someone locates this thread at the end of the year.

I bet they reach it but not over 1million. If they actually play good, then it will go way over 1million.

1- Florida is a popular summer vacation destination so I expect the opposing teams fans to outnumber Marlin fans.
2- Unless the Marlins field a solid team, local fans wont come out --> sucks the players are the ones being penalized for having Loria.
3- I expect a lot of 2-1 and other various ticket promotions.
4- Rays are playing 2 games in Miami which I expect might be an unofficial 'FU Loria' day.

So..

Paid Attendance: Under 642,745
Physical Attendance: Over a million.

However, I wouldnt put it past Loria to fudge the numbers and make the paid attendance better than it actually will be.

well if it helps you feel any better i am hoping fans don't show up. things will never change if "loyal" fans keep putting money in this douche bags pockets. i applaud salsa for skipping on the season tickets this season. it's the only way to push owners for change.

1- Florida is a popular summer vacation destination so I expect the opposing teams fans to outnumber Marlin fans.
2- Unless the Marlins field a solid team, local fans wont come out --> sucks the players are the ones being penalized for having Loria.
3- I expect a lot of 2-1 and other various ticket promotions.
4- Rays are playing 2 games in Miami which I expect might be an unofficial 'FU Loria' day.

So..

Paid Attendance: Under 642,745
Physical Attendance: Over a million.

However, I wouldnt put it past Loria to fudge the numbers and make the paid attendance better than it actually will be.

Though it is NOT impossible to do that, I doubt he would. One, they figures HAVE to be exact to determine monies from luxury tax "penalties" and TWO, he UNFORTUNATELY must maintain ownership of the team for the 1st 5 to 7 years or he must pay some of the cost that passed on to the county and state.

He pulled off the ultimate coup. He stays owner of the team for the 1st 5 years of so, that way, he does not get penalized...and in doing so, he keeps the payroll to the bare minimum so he can reap the finacial rewards.

well if it helps you feel any better i am hoping fans don't show up. things will never change if "loyal" fans keep putting money in this douche bags pockets. i applaud salsa for skipping on the season tickets this season. it's the only way to push owners for change.

And I had a GREAT partial package last season for an AMAZING price. 25 weekend games, 3rd deck front corner seats with a view of downtown Miami and the entire field.... 4 seats(myself and 3 buddies)....for $1000.

And I had a GREAT partial package last season for an AMAZING price. 25 weekend games, 3rd deck front corner seats with a view of downtown Miami and the entire field.... 4 seats(myself and 3 buddies)....for $1000.

That's pretty good deal, $10 a seat.

What's the parking charge and concessions prices like at the new stadium?

I'll be down in Miami for the Florida/Miami game, was thinking about taking my kid to see a game at the new stadium.

That's pretty good deal, $10 a seat.

What's the parking charge and concessions prices like at the new stadium?

I'll be down in Miami for the Florida/Miami game, was thinking about taking my kid to see a game at the new stadium.

Obviously, the closer you get to the park, the more expensive. I would recomend buying your parking pass in advance once you know the date/game. I have not do so myself, but I think you get it online for a cheaper price. IF you are staying in a hotel downtown, checkout Marlins.com and I think there is either a cheap or free shuttle bus into te stadium from downtown Miami.

EDIT: Sorry... I thought you were coming to baseball game.:eek:

It is such a low target taht I think they will make it. But the whole situation is sad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)