Will there be surprises in Mitchell's report today?

I neither gave nor withheld credit from your kids. I was disagreeing with your attitude. By not speaking out strongly against the use of steroids you're in essence enabling them and giving them an excuse to experiment. So what you're saying (and this is so bizarre to me) is that we can't fault the kids for following their "urges, hormones, desires")? I'm simply at a loss for words here. Where is the leadership and guidance that adults are supposed to provide? I expected more ....
leadership from Salsa? :haha :haha

I neither gave nor withheld credit from your kids. I was disagreeing with your attitude. By not speaking out strongly against the use of steroids you're in essence enabling them and giving them an excuse to experiment. So what you're saying (and this is so bizarre to me) is that we can't fault the kids for following their "urges, hormones, desires")? I'm simply at a loss for words here. Where is the leadership and guidance that adults are supposed to provide? I expected more ....

I provide plenty of leadership and guidance by telling them the truth....and not sugarcoat things and treat them with respect, not baby them with cute little slogans and wishful thinking. We have 60 kids a year tryout every year for VERY few spots, and those that make it...I tell them the truth. NOT the Bullsh!t their parents feed them or their buddies feed them. Out of every 100 ALL-State or ALL County ballplayer that goes through a VERY talented state like Florida, 5-10 make it to the major leagues...THAT'S it. When they leave our program, there are 2 ways of making it...the hard way of working hard and IF a lucky break happens, you make it. The other way is the easier more costly route and that is using performance enhancers. You will not use it in my program, but once you leave....if your considered "man enough to shoot a gun for your country" then you are man enough to make a decision which path to take....plain and simple....black or white....

leadership from Salsa? :haha :haha

LOL...you know, you say tons of things about me in here and I do let all of it slide because you are as insignificant as a dried snot on and old kleenex. But, you don't know me nor never will because I don't let in stains like you, your a negative influence that gets no acknowledgement. But I will never put you on ignore because when even I need an idiotic statement to make me laugh, I can ALWAYS count on you.....:up;) Keep up the good work!:)

You really need to understand how a professional athlete thinks and you don't. I told my kids that these minor leaguers went to far, they went the way of the short cut...."their competative juices got the best of them". I, as a former professional athlete CANNOT blame the minor leaguers/fringe major leaguers for taking steroids back then because there was no rule in baseball that said you could not take them. Most of them were taking SOMETHING to help them recoup from injuries. You ask ANY OF THEM if they can make the major leagues CLEANLY, they would all give a RESOUNDING YES. Ask them if they want to be a minor leaguer the rest of their lives.....you will get a resounding NO. My kids ask me the for the truth...and I told them. They ALSO know that it is illegal to use them and that are their age, there ARE side effects that carry consequences...again, they are not dumb and they KNOW they are not getting a "go do steroids because I approve of it" speech. I give them ALOT more credit for comprehending what my answer was than you do.

Back when? Fay Vincent added steroids to the list of banned supplements in 1991. They have been ILLEGAL in this country for longer than that. MBL may have neglected to test for steroids, but since 1991 they have been banned. If I were you I would go back to your players and explain that steroids are inexcusable in athletics. These are kids, and you need to be clear and firm. (I'm sure you were, but it's a lesson worth repeating to them.)

But you "are" sugar coating it when you say that you understand why they'd use steroids and other enhancers. No means "no", not: "No, but I understand why you did it so I can't find fault with what you did. Sorry Salsa, but you missed the opportunity to provide a life's lesson for those players by not affirmatively denouncing steroid use.

I provide plenty of leadership and guidance by telling them the truth....and not sugarcoat things and treat them with respect, not baby them with cute little slogans and wishful thinking. We have 60 kids a year tryout every year for VERY few spots, tand those that make it...I tell them the truth. NOT the Bullsh!t their parents feed them or their buddies feed them. Out of every 100 ALL-State or ALL County ballplayer that goes through a VERY talented state like Florida, 5-10 make it to the major leagues...THAT'S it. When they leave our program, there are 2 ways of making it...the hard way of working hard and IF a lucky break happens, you make it. The other way is the easier more costly route and that is using performance enhancers. You will not use it in my program, but once you leave....if your considered "man enough to shoot a gun for your country" then you are man enough to make a decision which path to take....plain and simple....black or white....

But you "are" sugar coating it when you say that you understand why they'd use steroids and other enhancers. No means "no", not: "No, but I understand why you did it so I can't find fault with what you did. Sorry Salsa, but you missed the opportunity to provide a life's lesson for those players by not affirmatively denouncing steroid use.

Again, you are going under the assumption that you know my guys...and you don't. Some of these kids, I have had them in our baseball summer camps since they were 12-14 years old AND most started on our JV program. They know EXACTLY what I meant and they have NEVER, EVER has a issue with asking me ANYTHING...believe me, they have NEVER had a issue asking me "why". AND HOW is telling the truth sugarcoasting??!! I told them that I can see guys wanting to take the short cut way to the majors. I have not encouraged anyone. Once they have left our program they are on their own when it comes to making decisions about their futures.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts