Will This Arrangement Work?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JustanOldfart

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 22, 2005
Fredericksburg, TX
Looking for answers before installer comes. I have an existing dish with a DPP+ lnb which fed three wallys originally. I have ordered a hopper3 and one joey. Additionally I would like to add a wally which I own. I'm thinking that a DPH42 switch could be added with port one going to the power inserter and the wally and port two going to a hybrid solo hub and the hopper/joey combo. Of course keeping the DPP+ lnb. What do you think guys. Will it work that way?

I thought the H3 switches the "switch" into hybrid 16-tuner mode, preventing you from attaching a Wally. (I have no other receiver but the H3, so this is from memory and not experience.)
I thought the advantage of a DPH42 switch is that it can serve 32 tuners (since it supports two H3's) which would also allow it to serve up to 16 Wally receivers, if you add the proper channel-stacking splitters. So, with one H3 tying up one port of the DPH42 switch, the other port could (in theory) still serve 8 Wally receivers. I am also just going from memory (I have no experience with the H3) but I seem to remember people posting this type of installation working with at least one Wally and one H3 on the same switch.

I thought the advantage of a DPH42 switch is that it can serve 32 tuners (since it supports two H3's) which would also allow it to serve up to 16 Wally receivers, if you add the proper channel-stacking splitters. So, with one H3 tying up one port of the DPH42 switch, the other port could (in theory) still serve 8 Wally receivers. I am also just going from memory (I have no experience with the H3) but I seem to remember people posting this type of installation working with at least one Wally and one H3 on the same switch.

You are right and I was apparently asleep when I posted the above. Unfortunately I can no longer delete that post. :(

Reactions: charlesrshell
You are right and I was apparently asleep when I posted the above. Unfortunately I can no longer delete that post. :(
Well, you would have been right if we had been talking about the Hybrid LNB, rather than the DPH42 switch. In that case, the H3 would tie up all 16 tuners on port 1, and port 2 would be disabled. So, I can see why you may have made your mistake when posting earlier. :)

Reactions: HipKat and TheKrell
You are correct, although there have been a lot of reports of commercial installs with 8-16 Wallys on a 42 Switch showing intermittent signal loss

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts