Will This Pipe Adapter Work For AT9??

Status
Please reply by conversation.
bucknut said:
I saw this pipe adapter for the E* Superdish and wondered if anyone had any success using this with the AT9? It looks like I can use this on my current 1 5/8" pipe and mount the AT9 on the 2" end. Should work just wondering if anyone else has done it.

http://www.solidsignal.com/prod_display.asp?PROD=SKY1101&xzoom=Large#xview

I purchased 2, 1 for an AT9 and figuring I could always find a use for the other....especially since shipping and handling cost almost dictate you go ahead and buy a second one if you think there is a possibility you will ever need it.

Once you mount this into the AT9 as its supposed to be mounted, you have a 1 5/8" pipe coming out of the bottom of the AT-9 where the hole/mount for the 2" pipe used to be.

Now, how do you connect the two 1-5/8" inches of pipe together?

When you figure that part out, get back to me....

On the other hand, I'll sell you 1 of my 2 for 1/2 price, lol.

Last edited:
HDTVFanAtic said:
I purchased 2, 1 for an AT9 and figuring I could always find a use for the other....especially since shipping and handling cost almost dictate you go ahead and buy a second one if you think there is a possibility you will ever need it.

Once you mount this into the AT9 as its supposed to be mounted, you have a 1 5/8" pipe coming out of the bottom of the AT-9 where the hole/mount for the 2" pipe used to be.

On the other hand, I'll sell you 1 of my 2 for 1/2 price, lol.

Get something a bit smaller than 1-5/8" about 6 inches long or so, put it halfway inside one of the ends of the 1-5/8" and use self-tapping metal screws to secure it, then put the other end with the dish on it, and do the same, but I realize that's what the 1-5/8" was supposed to do from the start. :\

HDTVFanAtic said:

Well I have a solution, If you know anyone in the sheet metal business this is easy to do.
They have a crimp tool that would work perfectly...

Jimbo

I’ve mounted AT9s to thick solid concrete without mono poles and the supplied mast is ok. Not great, but ok. The smaller 1 5/8”mast is not a good idea and you would definitely need additional bracing or mono poles.
Bob

Jimbos said:
Well I have a solution, If you know anyone in the sheet metal business this is easy to do.
They have a crimp tool that would work perfectly...

Jimbo

After spending far more time than it was worth on this project and a day of driving around town trying to find something that would work, the closest thing was a piece from a plumbing supply that cost me $15 and connected the two pieces together.

However, even with that, once mounted, there was still enough play in it to make it unusable.

That's for sale as well :)

This is funny, If a installer did what this guy is atempting you would say he was wrong, and call D* to complain. Now if a regular joe did something like this you would edge him on. Why not do it the right way wether a self install or a pro-install?.

And the thats the difference in DIY and paying a Professional :D

Of course, you see the worst advice given on this thread apparently came from a "Professional Installer".

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts