Will This Pipe Adapter Work For AT9??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
bucknut said:
I saw this pipe adapter for the E* Superdish and wondered if anyone had any success using this with the AT9? It looks like I can use this on my current 1 5/8" pipe and mount the AT9 on the 2" end. Should work just wondering if anyone else has done it.

http://www.solidsignal.com/prod_display.asp?PROD=SKY1101&xzoom=Large#xview

I purchased 2, 1 for an AT9 and figuring I could always find a use for the other....especially since shipping and handling cost almost dictate you go ahead and buy a second one if you think there is a possibility you will ever need it.

Once you mount this into the AT9 as its supposed to be mounted, you have a 1 5/8" pipe coming out of the bottom of the AT-9 where the hole/mount for the 2" pipe used to be.

Now, how do you connect the two 1-5/8" inches of pipe together?

When you figure that part out, get back to me....

On the other hand, I'll sell you 1 of my 2 for 1/2 price, lol.

Last edited:
HDTVFanAtic said:
I purchased 2, 1 for an AT9 and figuring I could always find a use for the other....especially since shipping and handling cost almost dictate you go ahead and buy a second one if you think there is a possibility you will ever need it.

Once you mount this into the AT9 as its supposed to be mounted, you have a 1 5/8" pipe coming out of the bottom of the AT-9 where the hole/mount for the 2" pipe used to be.

On the other hand, I'll sell you 1 of my 2 for 1/2 price, lol.

Get something a bit smaller than 1-5/8" about 6 inches long or so, put it halfway inside one of the ends of the 1-5/8" and use self-tapping metal screws to secure it, then put the other end with the dish on it, and do the same, but I realize that's what the 1-5/8" was supposed to do from the start. :\

HDTVFanAtic said:

Well I have a solution, If you know anyone in the sheet metal business this is easy to do.
They have a crimp tool that would work perfectly...

Jimbo

I’ve mounted AT9s to thick solid concrete without mono poles and the supplied mast is ok. Not great, but ok. The smaller 1 5/8”mast is not a good idea and you would definitely need additional bracing or mono poles.
Bob

Jimbos said:
Well I have a solution, If you know anyone in the sheet metal business this is easy to do.
They have a crimp tool that would work perfectly...

Jimbo

After spending far more time than it was worth on this project and a day of driving around town trying to find something that would work, the closest thing was a piece from a plumbing supply that cost me $15 and connected the two pieces together.

However, even with that, once mounted, there was still enough play in it to make it unusable.

That's for sale as well :)

This is funny, If a installer did what this guy is atempting you would say he was wrong, and call D* to complain. Now if a regular joe did something like this you would edge him on. Why not do it the right way wether a self install or a pro-install?.

And the thats the difference in DIY and paying a Professional :D

Of course, you see the worst advice given on this thread apparently came from a "Professional Installer".

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts