Status
Please reply by conversation.

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
Title says it all. Please offer thoughts/corrections. I used a SWM 8 photo, but will be using a 16 in the run. Thanks

Attachments

• wiring2.jpg
    wiring2.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
Why use a swm8 if you have 7 tuners? You can use a swm lnb and a splitter, or put the swm8 inside and do away with the splitter.

raoul5788 said:
Why use a swm8 if you have 7 tuners? You can use a swm lnb and a splitter, or put the swm8 inside and do away with the splitter.

I've always had issues with the standard SWM going out. I installed a 16 and never have issues and I'll always have the option of adding more receivers if I want. Most people I talk to feel either the power supply isn't enough or the LNB's don't work good enough in a storm.

I will be making use of the dish/LNB I currently have with a SWM16 that I got my hands on AND my system will be expanding at some point just before NFL season past 8 tuners. Will the diagrammed setup work correctly?

I will be making use of the dish/LNB I currently have with a SWM16 that I got my hands on AND my system will be expanding at some point just before NFL season past 8 tuners. Will the diagrammed setup work correctly?

That makes sense why the swm8. I'm no installer, but it looks right to me.

yes that will work just remember that even on a swm 16 each of the two outputs can only run 8 tuners.

yes sir & thanks! My best guess is I will only make it to 10 or 12 tuners.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)