will this work for dtv swm?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bobtet

On Vacation
Original poster
Jan 24, 2015
va
looking for a meter for camping. I have HR24 and slimline dish.

will this do the job?..........Satlink WS-6933 FTA Satellite Signal Finder Meter

I think I would try using the recvr meter first, before I would invest in a meter. Unless your setting it up quite often.

Most of these meters do not tell you which Sat it is hitting.

Most of these meters do not tell you which Sat it is hitting.

This is the key!...Most meters just find a signal....That isn't much help when looking at the Clark belt....There are dozens that can be seen...Use your STB as it will tell you which satellite by name your aimed at.

This is the key!...Most meters just find a signal....That isn't much help when looking at the Clark belt....There are dozens that can be seen...Use your STB as it will tell you which satellite by name your aimed at.
It will?

Thats the thing, you can get a meter and find the signal and go inside and think you will have picture and find that you dont because its on another Sat in the same area.

Works for me every time.....Sorry I get a picture and I know were its aimed....I can lock on other satellites and get great signal no picture.
A STB doesn't tell you what satellite you are pointed at.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)