Will This Work for Slim line Direct TV Dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mosnowman

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2010
Midwest
I have ordered the Slim Line Dish (Direct TV ) for tailgating purposes and want to make sure this tripod will work with it. Anyone know if it does? Thanks!

WINEGARD TR-3500 Tripod Antenna Mount

Product Details
Product Dimensions: 148 x 9.5 x 9.2 inches ; 12 pounds
Shipping Weight: 13 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S.
ASIN: B0029U2XM2
Item model number: TR-3500

Technical Details
Accommodates multi-satellite (DISH Network® DISH 500 or DIRECTV® Oval Dish), or 18" satellite antennas
Designed to be used in almost any area
Legs can be quickly adjusted for uneven surfaces
Includes bubble level, ground anchor, mount pipe & compass

Don't know if that one works or not. You need one that will accept a 2" pole. I know the one from radio shack will work, but you have to use self tap screws to lock the pole in place.

I have ordered the Slim Line Dish (Direct TV ) for tailgating purposes and want to make sure this tripod will work with it. Anyone know if it does? Thanks!

WINEGARD TR-3500 Tripod Antenna Mount

Product Details
Product Dimensions: 148 x 9.5 x 9.2 inches ; 12 pounds
Shipping Weight: 13 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S.
ASIN: B0029U2XM2
Item model number: TR-3500

Technical Details
Accommodates multi-satellite (DISH Network® DISH 500 or DIRECTV® Oval Dish), or 18" satellite antennas
Designed to be used in almost any area
Legs can be quickly adjusted for uneven surfaces
Includes bubble level, ground anchor, mount pipe & compass

This tripod uses up to a 1 5/8" pole. It won't work with the Slimline.

Any suggestions?

Since that one won't work any suggestion on where I might find one that will? Preferable without buying extensions etc....

I used a pole that is less than 2". I simply wrapped enough electrical tape around the pole to make it a little more than 2". The tape is actually more stable than metal on metal anyway.

The tape works so well, it is difficult to rotate the Dish around the pole even after all of the bolts are loosened all of the way

I used a pole that is less than 2". I simply wrapped enough electrical tape around the pole to make it a little more than 2". The tape is actually more stable than metal on metal anyway.

The tape works so well, it is difficult to rotate the Dish around the pole even after all of the bolts are loosened all of the way

if you use the 1 5/8 pole ... go to the hardware store & get 2 1 1/2 " pvc sleeves... i think that is the right size ... check it ... they fit right over the 1 5/8 & give you a 2" od ... you need to woodel out the center stop lip ... & if you slit the sleeve it will tighten around the pole tightly....

the other thing you can do is on ebay buy an adaptor that fits over the pole & is a 2 in od.....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)