will this work

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Techfizzle

Banned
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
i am in the process of getting a 3 lnb dish (101, 110, and 119)
and a sony sat hd-200. The csr said that If i had an old hd receiver i can get a new one for free but a hd dvr is $100 so il stick to a hd.
The only satellites this wont get is 99 and 103. But what is on those sats? Will d* replace the dish too?

i am in the process of getting a 3 lnb dish (101, 110, and 119)
and a sony sat hd-200. The csr said that If i had an old hd receiver i can get a new one for free but a hd dvr is $100 so il stick to a hd.
The only satellites this wont get is 99 and 103. But what is on those sats? Will d* replace the dish too?

The only thing you WON'T get is ALL the HD channels .... you'll still get the ones in the 70's, but thats it, all others are already or moving soon to the 99 and 103 sats.
Why are you getting such OLD stuff ?
Your really getting a Sony HD 200 ?
IF D* will give you a HD rec. I would go with that, they will come out an set up the new dish 5 LNB so you'll get all your channels and you'll have a MPEG4 rec to boot.

Jimbo

The only thing you WON'T get is ALL the HD channels .... you'll still get the ones in the 70's, but thats it, all others are already or moving soon to the 99 and 103 sats.
Why are you getting such OLD stuff ?
Your really getting a Sony HD 200 ?
IF D* will give you a HD rec. I would go with that, they will come out an set up the new dish 5 LNB so you'll get all your channels and you'll have a MPEG4 rec to boot.

Jimbo
Idk i would like a free hd dvr but the gal said ther $100 and the hd is free.
Directv has a bad reputation of misinfromation Ill call one csr they tell me something then il another and its a diffrent story. Il have to talk to 5 csrs before i get a straight answer.
one person said a dish upgrade is 50 for the dish 50 for install and 20 for the handling fee. When i get the hd 200 il call and get a free hd receiver (hopeflly a hd-dvr) then see if i get the dish for free.
I dont like having directv come to my house. I fine tune dishes by myself everyone i knows goes out but mine never does because i tweak it.
i have a spare 33" dish i used to use for FTA now i use it for D* il get a 99/101/103 lnb and rig it to it. Im just trying to save some dough if i dont win the bid on the 3 lnb il see if i can get a slimline.

i just got outbid on the 3lnb why are people ga ga over them if there old hat?

i just got outbid on the 3lnb why are people ga ga over them if there old hat?

You've got to read it more closely now.
They have the OLD 3 lnb that I thought you were talking about and they have a new 3 LNB they sees JUST the 99, 101, 103.
The 5 lnb sees the 110 and 119 as well
the OLD 3 LNB saw the 101, 110 and 119.
So you really have to make sure what is what now seeing they are just now starting to make the rounds in the last few months.

I originally thought you were talking about the OLD 3 lnb set up, which is why I questioned the old set up you were going for.
I would still let D* come out and set that part up and tweak it if it's needed, personally I would not let the guy go unless I had the signals in the ball park anyways.
It's a good thing to know how to tweak your dish, in case weather hits and you lose it, you can fix it with out a service call.

Personally, I would not bother trying to "Rig " the 3 lnb set up to an old dish,the reflector will NOT be the same so you will NOT get all your signals as strong as they should be with a rigged set up, you may be able to get signals, probably not all of them or strong enough.

Jimbo

the dishes were 3 lnb the old ones that pick up 101 110 and 119 the page said so. why do they still fetch a good price? my dish is 33" across. 99/101/103 are only a 5 degree spread ive seen people get the westren arc with one dish. How would it be done? aim it for 101 and the others will follow? i have 2 recs too (inluding the hd-200 and standard d12 ) how do they get hooked up? I can sell the hd-200 on ebay when i get a free upgrade so im not out that much.

the dishes were 3 lnb the old ones that pick up 101 110 and 119 the page said so. why do they still fetch a good price? my dish is 33" across. 99/101/103 are only a 5 degree spread ive seen people get the westren arc with one dish. How would it be done? aim it for 101 and the others will follow? i have 2 recs too (inluding the hd-200 and standard d12 ) how do they get hooked up? I can sell the hd-200 on ebay when i get a free upgrade so im not out that much.

What do you consider the "Western Arc" ?
You need to see where your rec. tells you to point the dish, normally it's to the south/ south west depending on where your located.
Not sure waht sats your trying to get , D* normally is using the 99, 101, 103, 110, and 119 as you probably know ... it all depends on what exactly your using equipment wise ... D* is moving most to the 99, 101, and 103 so it can be on a 3 lnb dish, but that is not done entirely yet.

This dish that you want to RIG does it say anything on it ?
Where did it come from ?
What provider is it designed for ?

is a azure shine 31" dish for fta use. the westren arc are satellites after 90'w.
i will try to find a dish for free first. maybe a paper want ad.
our2-5a.gif

the dishes were 3 lnb the old ones that pick up 101 110 and 119 the page said so. why do they still fetch a good price?

Because they are still VERY useful for SOME customers other than HD's; like markets that have their SD locals on 119, or that want Spanish or Chinese prog that's also on 119. ;) ;)

is a azure shine 31" dish for fta use. the westren arc are satellites after 90'w.
i will try to find a dish for free first. maybe a paper want ad.
our2-5a.gif

This will not work (correctly) for D*.
Your attempt to make it a Slimline is a waste of your time, but go ahead if you think it's worth the effort.
The reflector has a different angle to it, the mast is at a different height ect.

Your wanting free free free.. but yet you dont want to take advantage of D* FREE Dish/LNB/Cables/Connectors/Mounting Equipment/Receivers/Install??

Something tells me you have an old Football access card your hoping to get working again oO

Activating the Sony will toss you into a programing commitment of 24 months. And the only thing you will get for free is HD Access for 4 months.

D* is currently offering the HDDVR free (at least online) with HBO/SHO/Stars for 4 months along with HD access and a few other along with $23 off for a month for a year. If your concerned about a tech hacking your house up, run your own lines and assist with mounting or pre-set a 2"od pole.

I can sell the hd-200 on ebay when i get a free upgrade so im not out that much.

Not if you get a free replacement. D* will charge you full price (+-$300) for the HD box if you do not return the swap box (the H200)

Anyways each to his own.. seems like a lot of wasted effort, money and time to not get what is already free and tested.

westren arc is the entire arc of satellites from 90' to 180'
eastren arc is 0' to 90'
northren arc is 180' to 270'
southren arc is 270' to 360'
no hacks, im a D* sub

westren arc is the entire arc of satellites from 90' to 180'
eastren arc is 0' to 90'
northren arc is 180' to 270'
southren arc is 270' to 360'
no hacks, im a D* sub

First time I've ever heard them names this way in my 15+ years of dealing with sat stuff.

IF you look at them a degrees, you would figure your Southern arc would actually be from West to North, nothing Southern about that.

I think its all just a mix of the way the OP is using terminology vs the norm for most DBS users. As we in the US are generally considered to be in the 60°W -160°W visibility portion of the Clarke Belt; so even though the OP lists the 90°W - 180°W range as his/her target; I would never call it "Western Arc" for DBS purposes. Heck, likely not even for FTA; I would simply call out a specific azimuth target or degree range as that is much simpler AND the way most sat users describe then.

LyngSat - Lyngemark Satellite (see the ranges here)

untitled.bmp

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)