Will we need another coax for the new dish?

dankgus

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 3, 2004
I am curious, will a dual LNB dish still use only 1 RG6 cable?

THANKS!
--Dan

Again, I am going to use E* as a example, when they went to the Dish 500 size dish to be able to see both Birds, at first they went to a two L.N.B. solution with two cables coming out to a SW-21 switcher (kinda looks like your Voomer's diplexor) then one cable to the STB.

When I added the 61.5 Dish, I could not use another SW-21 (software would not support it, or so I was told), but by then E* came out with a dual LNB (switcher built inside) and then with one cable coming out to the SW-21 and 61.5 dish cable also going in to the SW-21 then one cable out.

Of course ,it depends if you have 2 or more STB, E* makes different LNB with 1 or 2 outputs, then then have those multi-switch units-like the SW-64, etc.

I'd like to know the answer to this b/c the way my house is, the "standard" installer will not run a cable from roof to room.; I'd have to pay someone for a special install.

dankgus said:
I am curious, will a dual LNB dish still use only 1 RG6 cable?

THANKS!
--Dan
yes. The dish should combine the signals from both LNB's into one cable output per reciever. If not its a piece O junk and it would be done externally. still only one cable per reciever to that point though.

Ok, I'm lost...I though it was a prerequisite to have two cables ran to the current dish if you have more than 2 or more receivers. Likewise, doesn't the dual-tuner DVR require two separate coax cables run to the multiswitch. Therefore, wouldn't each sat location (61.5 and 72) require two coax each, for a total of 4 coax from the multiswitch to the elliptical dish, to support the DVR and elliptical dish? :confused:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showpost.php?p=266156&postcount=7

Attachments

• av-103.gif
    av-103.gif
    90.2 KB · Views: 267

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)