Will we see a DirecTV style guide?

tonyrice

Original poster
Oct 14, 2003
I was over at my brother's house and he has DirecTV. I simply loved the guide so much better than my 301 system. They have colored channel logos in the upper right hand corner, and when you hit channel guide, there is a description of the current program with the guide. NO need to hit INFO to read about what's on.

I would love to see this for Dish. I simply hate the channel guide. It is stupid that we have to first select channel guide, then select a channel and then hit INFO to read about what's on. The description should be in the top portion of the screen as you browse through the channels.

Dish wants to keep everything in house. No outside companys such
as LG Electronics or Samsung. They can turn a bigger profit this way,
doing it their old cheap way. The better the equipment the more it costs. It took me along time to accept this & deal with it.

The peanut gallery is still trying to perfect a new shade of blue.
Its currently in test mode delaying the 322.
All these fancy blues, reds, purples, greens, yellows. They have to
first learn how to spell sapphire. Jim can take the yellow ink being saved
from the smartcard going cardless and there you have it another cool color.

tonyrice said:
I was over at my brother's house and he has DirecTV. I simply loved the guide so much better than my 301 system. They have colored channel logos in the upper right hand corner, and when you hit channel guide, there is a description of the current program with the guide. NO need to hit INFO to read about what's on.

I would love to see this for Dish. I simply hate the channel guide. It is stupid that we have to first select channel guide, then select a channel and then hit INFO to read about what's on. The description should be in the top portion of the screen as you browse through the channels.

I'm not sure about the channel logos as I've never seen a Directv guide but as far as having the the info of a show showing up in the corner of the screen without having to hit info is already on some Dish receivers. I know it's like this on the 721, 921, 322, 522 and probably others.

Great then. I guess I got the cheapo 301 model. Wil be getting Superdish so hopefully that has some great channel guide.

tonyrice said:

it's on the 322 and maybe the 522

tonyrice said:
They have colored channel logos in the upper right hand corner, and when you hit channel guide, there is a description of the current program with the guide. NO need to hit INFO to read about what's on.
The info trick may come in the future to existing receivers ... the data is there and that style is on the new receivers. I'm not sure the would want to waste the memory or bandwidth on channel logos.

JL

Current receivers will never get the info when just hovering over the show. The 5xx series is slow enough with the guide, the info showing in the corner of the screen will only slow it down more. As far as superdish, that won't help your receivers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)