Will you buy an Apple Watch?

Will you buy the first version of the Apple Watch?

• Yes

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • No

Votes: 50 78.1%

• Total voters

Foxbat

Addicted to new HW
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Michiana
Where’s the animated roll-eyes Emoji when you need it? Apple announced that one of the features in the new watchOS will be an automatic countdown timer when it detects you are washing your hands based on motion and “soapy” sounds and running water. After the CDC recommended 20 seconds, the Haptic Engine will remind you that, once again, owning an Apple Watch has saved your life. :devilish

Reactions: navychop

TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Earth
I’ve long debated about getting an Apple Watch again. Got my wife series 1 and she didn’t like the battery life or the fact it didn’t track her steps as good as her Fitbit so we sold it. Then I got a series 2 for myself . Had it for awhile but wasn’t impressed with the battery life. Now that series 5 has been out , has either of those things improved with the watch ? The health tracking and battery life ??

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
Longest I ever got was with my series 3. I have a series 4 now and it lasts for 2 days so I put it on charge every other night as it is usually down to 35% when I do. It would probabkly make it to the following mid afternoon if I didn't charge every other day.

The only thing that I don't think works as good as claimed is the EKG which is tricky to get a good reading. I have the cellular version and both my wife and I love just taking calls on the watch. She often just leaves home without her iphone and uses the watch. I still carry my iphone.

Foxbat

Addicted to new HW
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Michiana
I was sure that I was going to go for the Apple Watch Titanium to save weight and get the sapphire crystal instead of the Gorilla Glass, but then I read about how Titanium can be destroyed by the fluoride in tap water and thought “great, here’s another case of Apple doing something because it sounds cool” but it’s going to come back and bite the consumer. So, I stayed away, waiting for the next great feature to be added.

ApplePay with the Apple Watch would be great in this day of contactless payments but you still need to activate the watch to allow it to pay. At least that doesn’t involve removing your face mask for FaceID or your gloves for TouchID.

TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Earth
That's just you looking for an excuse. Before I got my Apple watch I wore a Tissot T-Touch Titanium for more than a dozen years including diving in salt water rinsing it off in tap water after the dive. Unless you store your watch in Sodium Fluoride solution every day, you're not going to have a problem. Besides, I prefer stainless and the weight doesn't bother me. My wife wears a stainless too. Her first aluminum Apple watch did get a bit of a skin sweat coating after 3 years but by then the technology dictated getting updated. We both updated to stainless. Mine is gold 'stainless. I too like the sapphire durability and if it is in the budget, I highly recommend it for active people. My active daughter has already shattered two cheap Apple watches.

I also recommend getting the cellular version. My wife went backward to my AW3 with cellular from her AW4. She didn't want to spend the money until we are ready for the next tech upgrade. I plan to do that when they add more health monitoring features. If you use Apple Pay the watch really does make it easy. Since they introduced Apple Pay I have yet to use it with my iphone. The watch is so much easier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)