Will you buy an Apple Watch?

Will you buy the first version of the Apple Watch?

• Yes

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • No

Votes: 57 79.2%

• Total voters
In two weeks, the AW8 makes it's appearance (estimated time). I'll decide then whether to buy it or an AW7. I've really enjoyed my AW SE as an experiment, but want to go to something with always on ability.

Same attitude about iPhone, I'll replace my 2020 SE with either a 14 or 13, depending on new features.

I might replace my iPhone XS max with the iPhone 15. Or 16. I’m about to go get the battery replaced.

No Apple Watch. I’m waiting for the built in defibrillator model.

No Apple Watch. I’m waiting for the built in defibrillator model.
I believe you have to wait for CORA which was featured in ”Fountains of Paradise”. But then, maybe I am mis-remembering it having that capability…

This may be a case of Clarke not looking far enough ahead…

Reactions: navychop
This suggests to me that after the announcement, the SE will be a relative boat anchor.
Maybe, but "boat anchor" implies uselessness. It's a very capable watch, depending on what you want it to do. It can make and answer calls and text, has great exercise and workout features, and has Apple quality.

I suspect that they will introduce a new SE, which will make this one less marketable. However, if the new one is priced at $299 like this one was, it makes this one a really good deal at 30% off. I can see people buying this one for nothing more than a work watch, so their nice one doesn't get scratched up and dirty on the job.

I’m waiting for the built in defibrillator model.
I have one in my chest. Never had to use it.

My last AW upgrade was when they came out with the EKG feature. My AW4 was working fine but I wanted this feature and I use it periodically. It's taken about a year of AW software updates for this feature to work reliably. I sent in many complaints about it and got one response that because I had a pacemaker the AW ECG was not compatible. But for the last 6 months it seems to be working fine so Apple must have figured it out and made it more stable. My wife's ECG worked great from day one however as she doesn't have an ICD PM.

I don't care for the always on feature because it is not efficient and annoying distracting. I tested it and found people starring at my wrist.

The coolest feature I like is having my Tesla communications features at a glance. I can see current state of charge, interior car temperature. Battery range and condition, plus controls operate the locks windows and AC. I can also get streaming stock market reports too.

Reactions: navychop
Series 4 still going strong and still get about 30 hours per charge. :)
I, and the wife, both still have the Series 4. Nothing they can't handle and I've seen nothing to blow my socks off on the later ones, mostly small incremental stuff. Now if they came up with real time BP or Blood Sugar monitoring, then that would change my mind.

They added the ability to measure the blood oxygen level ( SpO2) in the series 6 Apple Watch.
And the ability to detect AFIB or sinus rhythm which I like too and that was why we upgraded. However the EKG feature was not working until recently. Before it was very unstable.

I might have mentioned this before but Blood Pressure from Apple may not be possible without a cuff. If that is the3 case there are 3rd party cuffs that work with the iphone with an app that are very accurate and they do automatic logging and graph plotting. I also have a scales to weigh myself from the same company that also works well with the iphone. However I have never been able to get those devices to be recognized in the Apple watch. It appears to be a BT compatibility problem. They have a new BP cuff with new BT version that may be necessary.

I wonder if Blood sugar monitoring will require a patch to send date to the watch via BT too.