Will you buy an Apple Watch?

Will you buy the first version of the Apple Watch?

• Yes

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • No

Votes: 57 79.2%

• Total voters
Ordered the ATV 4K on Apple Store. If/when a deal shows up on the Apple Watch 3 LTE from Verizon I might consider ordering one of them. No interest at all in a non-LTE watch nor a service plan that is $10/month. I figure I've lived 73 years without an Apple Watch, a bit longer or never isn't such a big deal. :)

Lloyd- Bet you lived 50 of those years without a cell phone. :) I had the Bell South Bag phone when they first came out.

images

However, all they're offering for pre-order at the time is the ?Watch Edition in white and grey ceramic. I think I'll pass up that offer for now...

Looks like they have plenty of models for preorder for shipping the 25th.

I was at the local Apple store this morning and saw the 8+ on display. No watch 3's but I did try on a 42mm watch 2 and it sits a little higher on my wrist than my current original. The store was packed with people.

Lloyd- Bet you lived 50 of those years without a cell phone. :) I had the Bell South Bag phone when they first came out.

images

LOL! Don't remember which bag phone I had, but I sure remember lugging one around.

I love the idea of the Watch 3 LTE, I just cannot convince myself it is worth $640 for 2 years of minimal use of the phone features. Hell, its hard enough to convince myself it is worth a subscription at any price!

I've got an iPhone 7+ and gave some thought to moving up, but the 8+ just isn't a big enough step to make that worthwhile. The X would be my choice. But I'm on one of those deals where I got the 7+ for about $10/month after their trade-in deal last year.

This year the trade-in deals aren't even there unless you want/need the unlimited cell service, and only $300 trade-in even then. No sale!

On Guam, way back when, someone we knew had a car bag phone. Hard wired to power. DK if they had the option of operating it away from the car. IIRC, there was just one tower on the island.

I like the updated processing power in the new watch and the LTE option. I think that $10/month is simply too steep a cost for the device. I'm just not sure I'll get enough use out of the LTE service to justify it. I may get the LTE model without activating it to have the option of doing so in the future. If the device can be activated without triggering some sort of two year activation requirement, I may test out my personal usage to determine if it's worth paying for LTE.

Reactions: mackie99
I like the updated processing power in the new watch and the LTE option. I think that $10/month is simply too steep a cost for the device. I'm just not sure I'll get enough use out of the LTE service to justify it. I may get the LTE model without activating it to have the option of doing so in the future. If the device can be activated without triggering some sort of two year activation requirement, I may test out my personal usage to determine if it's worth paying for LTE.

Reports are saying yes you can buy the LTE version and not opt in to activate it, that's according to macrumours, id suggest for it to be released and then check into it to make sure.

I wanted the Nike Version since it fits with my lifestyle, gonna have to wait for next month to be released which is okay for me.

The Nike version is just a wrist band and you can buy those now at the store. Frankly, I don't like the rubber bands and swapping it for one of my 3rd party metal ones will be my first move.

I wasn't surprised Apple has discontinued the SS metal band. That thing must have been a chore to make. I'll keep it as it may have collector's value.

Reactions: Foxbat

I'm almost certain I won't be using the phone calling to justify the connection, but it's only $10 a month and $90 for the first year so why not? My habits may change. Now I take most of my calls on the watch and use siri to call out by the watch. That's because I want the iphone on me all the time anyway. But maybe my habits could change.

Here's one I haven't shown you guys- When I am traveling I carry this home made mag charger I can connect to my battery booster:

Mag charger on the go.jpg

Well Damn!! While reviewing my Verizon account I noticed that I still had an older out of contract Android tablet I haven’t used on the account and that it cost me $10/month for however many months that I wasn’t actually using it, I deactivated it!

So since adding a watch would be a zero sum game as far as my VZW bill, I ordered the 42mm Aluminum Cellular with Black Sports Band. Delivery on 9/22!

While I figure this will be nice when I’m on the golf course for calling and such, after doing some digging I found that my favorite golf GPS app is available for the watch too. That’s just icing on the cake!

BTW, ordered from Apple which I haven’t done in a long time, do they require signature?

Reactions: TheForce and Foxbat
BTW, ordered from Apple which I haven’t done in a long time, do they require signature?
They do.
You should be able to print a release form to put on your door if you choose but do remember these are very small boxes that could walk off easily.

Thanks. I guess that will be a day off from golf as both UPS and Fedex come at all kinds of times. I wouldn’t want to not be here when it shows up.

...BTW, ordered from Apple which I haven’t done in a long time, do they require signature?

A pound of flesh. But I guess you've given them that already.
:D

One less day on the golf course is one less day of frustration. I've never met a golfer happy with their game. More like, "hag-ridden."

As long as Apple produces things I like I’ll probably help fatten their bottom line.

As to golf, well the group I normally play with on a daily basis is old farts just out for awhile enjoying the weather. We don’t even keep score most days because it doesn’t matter. The youngster in the group is 70, the eldest is 90. Occasionally I’ll play some money games and that can be either good or bad. :)

Reactions: navychop
Went to the Apple Store today and they didn't have the iwatch 3 and they said it will take another week or so to get the display units...

As long as Apple produces things I like I’ll probably help fatten their bottom line.

As to golf, well the group I normally play with on a daily basis is old farts just out for awhile enjoying the weather. We don’t even keep score most days because it doesn’t matter. The youngster in the group is 70, the eldest is 90. Occasionally I’ll play some money games and that can be either good or bad. :)

Double, triple LIKE!

Don, when I saw your post about B&H Photo is when I looked and could only find the Series 3 ?Watch Edition models. I later received an email which had the link to the new Series 3 ?Watches and they were available to pre-order when I clicked on their link.