Will you change your plan due to increase?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Will you change your plan?

• Yes

Votes: 129 45.7%
  • No

Votes: 105 37.2%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 48 17.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I will probaly keep it the same this year.

Last edited:
With the planned price increases, I'm seriously thinking about dropping from America's Top 120 to America's Top 100. That will be a net reduction of $12 per month. The only thing that would change my mind at this point, is if they juggle around the channels included in the new America's Top 200.

I dropped the movie channels last year, and switched to NetFlix. I've been very happy with that decision. I'm only paying for the movies I want to see, and I'm saving about $15 per month. It's also reduced the number of DVDs I'm buying, so it's a double win.

You know, Charlie always used to talk up how Dish didn't jerk around their customer's with price increases like the cable companies do. That doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

He also used to talk about a la carte. I understand that his hands are somewhat tied on bundles from providers, but how about the digital audio channels? He could easily break these out from the packages, but instead they're forced on consumers. I don't know what the monthly cost is, but I'm sure they're a factor in the overall price.

Scott

I don't know. I'm thinking about maybe dropping my movie channels with the price increase. I can't decide if I want to do it or not. I doubt I'll change my main package but might change my premium channels since I hardly ever watch them.

costin' ya money, Charlie!

Can't cut back from the 180 down to the 120 pack. (or is that 250 and 200, now?)
Audio channels are worthless and shouldn't be counted.
Can lose the HBO/Cinecrap to save.

No DVD fees on 508's, so there! :) If there were, we'd go elsewhere.

All the company BS about hi def, both from a quality, delivery, and pricing perspective, is not attractive, so no upgrade to that.

This year, we'll not only not be increasing our service, but reducing it instead.
So, take that, Charlie!

Please note that the price increase for PlatinumHD customers, like myself, is going to be $10, which is more then $3...pushing monthly bill into $130+ range...

I just upgraded to 622 and this package back in November so I am disappointed. I realize that prices on almost everything are rising but extra $120 per year in not easy to swallow...I will need to decide soon.

Will drop from platinum to top 200 (silver) without movies unless there are surprises. Already have netflix with an HD DVD player. Just upgraded from Gold to Platinum last month because it wasn't that much more. New price structure changes that.

My increase is $3, I can live with that. The increase for the AEP is too steep, I'd be *issed if I had that package, goes against logic to "stick it to" your best customers, IMO.

I have been very upset over the $10.00 increase for AEP + hd (plat pack). I have subbed to AEP since it's inception and to all the movie packs before that. I have now subbed to Top 120 + hd pack and am using Blockbuster.com for my movies that I used to get from DISH. I am saving about $40.00 a month now by not subbing to AEP. If they keep going up next year this ridiculous amount of $10.00 I will drop the hd pack entirely.

I've been with Dish for 10 years next month and I have supported them through thick and thin over those years , but I can not support them on this outrageous price increase on the best customers that Dish has. I hope that Dish understands that with all the extra fees that they have added , paired with these large yearly price increases - this is the 7th one since 2000, that they are pricing themselves right out of the market for most average customers and they are pissing off their high end ones.

I will no longer support the SAtellite Pig.

I voted that I am not sure right now. As someone who still subs to the AT180 + HD Pack (original flavor), I don't know how I will be affected by the new pricing structures. Until I know the answers to that, I won't know what I will be doing.

Nope, I have the at60 plus HBO plus HD package at $74 per month and the price is not going up. Everytime They raise prices, I have droped something to stay even or save a little, but I have almost bottomed out.

I will keep my same plan. Heck going from 120 to 225 can not complain about that. It's better than getting nothing which is what most cable companies give you will their rates increase.

I will keep my same plan. Heck going from 120 to 225 can not complain about that. It's better than getting nothing which is what most cable companies give you will their rates increase.
They've been adding a few channels every year with their price bumps. I haven't seen any plans to add new channels this time though.

When the cost of living keeps going to all time highs :eek: (Heath care & Gas), even 10.00 per month increase seems cheap. Can't wait to see what happens to cable rates. Happy New Year everyone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts