Will you live in in this apartment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. Not the worst. In the neighborhood we moved from a few years ago, some hoarders "let their place go." Had a LOT of cats. Were so unpleasant, a lawyer living next door to them decided it was easier to move away.

Take a look. Imagine the smell in the neighborhood on hot nights, when they opened their windows and put fans in them- to "share" the aroma.

Finally got reported. The county did in fact enter in hazmat gear. Notice the guy at the top of the stack. Their car was in the same condition. Barely enough room for one to fit inside to drive. Condemned the building.

And now, as they say, the REST of the story: Second time around. Did it once before, same townhouse, and were evicted by the county and forced to gut and rebuild the interior. So much weight, damage from cat feces and urine, the entire interior had to go. And they did it again.

Attachments

• hoarding16.jpg
    hoarding16.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 123
That reminds me of where my 2 brother in laws and 2 sister in laws lived when they were kids. There biological mother had problems after there dad divorced her. She was too lazy to take out the trash and would let it pile up in a room, every time a room would get to bad to inhabit, she would move them to the next room till it got bad then kept on moving them until they eventually ended up all 4 sleeping on a twin mattress on a pile of trash in the den. My little brother in law told me sometimes he would wake up with rats crawling on him. Not only that but she would beat them daily and try to drown them in the bath tub when it wasnt full of trash. One day she got mad at the 2 boys and broke ones leg and the others arm. She had the 4 of them so scared they couldnt tell there dad about it or she would threaten to kill them. They finally got out of that situation though when my oldest brother in law put her in her place and went to live with my father in law and his stepmother, my wifes mom. The place finally did get destroyed because my oldest brother in law had a mental breakdown when he went back in and saw what his other 3 siblings lived in for 6 more months after he left and once beat out the windows with sledgehammers, took me in it the second time and tore some of the interior out, and the 3rd time he burnt it down. Now hes in trouble over it and they didnt do a thing to his mother for the abuse she put on them for so many years. She actually benefitted from it and got alot of money from selling the property, no insurance money though because it didnt have any insurance on it. She never even offered to do anything for the kids since she had all that money, doesent give any money for the 15 and 16 year old. She should be the one in trouble not my brother in law. I will post pictures we took of the inside when I find them. Oh and the kids did try to clean the place up when they still lived there and she would beat them to death and make them put the trash back where it was.

People would have an installer over with there house like THAT?!?!?! Did you stay and do the install? :)

My car is pretty bad, but thats where the mess stays. :) My house is usually really clean.
I refused the install on one where I didnt breath for the 30 seconds that I was in the house, the guy was breading dogs outside and I strongly believe he was doing it inside as well. To give you an idea how bad it was the guy had a pathway marked off by using a plastic picket fence through each room and I passed an xmas tree that had lost its pine needles years earlier.

Most people do care about how their homes look but there are those who dont care at all about their homes or much of anything else for that matter and in cases like this it really is a mental disease that needs to be looked into by a mental health professional.

I seen a place like this. Went there to do an install decided to leave, was told to come back and just make the guy happy. What was interesting was the outside was clean. So I installed the dish and ran the coax through an open window(requested by the guy, fine by me). He hooked the receiver up I watched and directed him from the door called on my cell to activate. Always wondered about a trouble call or something, but never heard anymore from him, this was about 4 years ago.

The pillow on the bed looks pretty clean

how about a scavenger hunt (Find following items in the apartment)

fire extinguisher
2.5 gallon disposable water jug
cd or is it a dvd
cardboard box shipped via usps
scented candle in a dish
telephone
disposable cigarette lighter
coat hanger
a plastic fork
AA battery

fire extinguisher
cd or is it a dvd
scented candle in a dish
telephone
coat hanger
a plastic fork
AA battery

and the 2 cats ;)

fire extinguisher
cd or is it a dvd
scented candle in a dish
telephone
coat hanger
a plastic fork
AA battery

I got a better game: Name what is NOT in that mess. I'll start - cleaning supplies.

That is unreal. How do people live like this. I have seen some bad ones, stuff strewn about, but the computer is what really got me. Does anyone else picture a really fat guy in underwear, eating cheetos, drinking beer, smoking cigs, and playing with his mouse? DISGUSTING!!!!!

It's a mental illness. But not one considered to be "imminent" danger to themselves or others.

Either that or a prank. You know, "haha, we screwed up the apartment" kind of thing.

even if it's a prank because they were being kicked out of the apartment anyways, it's still very sick because they were living in all that mess. very very disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)