Will you stay with VOOM until it goes dark?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Of course I'm staying until they go dark. Unless of course this goes on for years and years and someone comes up with more HD and/or a better value for HD programming. But probably until they go dark. :D

Yes. My HDTV was dead until Voom. And currently will be without Voom. So I will stay with Voom until the end because currently when Voom dies, so does my HDTV. (anyone else out there listening? :confused: didn't think so. :no )

-ajme

Yep, still vavavoomin here, i am not going anywhere. I already have dish installed for RSN's, and i have dish 811 with their HD pack so i can get CBS HiDef out of NYC because my local CBS affiliate is digital but not HiDef yet. Also sub to dish HD pack so i get HDnet.

I hope it does not happen, but if Voom goes dark I will just add the premium movie channels to my dish sub. I will miss the Voom21 and Starz/Encore/Max/TMC/UHD hidef feeds though, bottom line is this sucks big time!!!!! I for one like watching the old black and white movies in 16x9 HD on my 106" Front Projection Screen, it is like going to the movie theatre every night!!! Some of those old movies are great clasics, i did not appreciate them when i was in my 20's and 30's LOL, 45 years old now and it is amazing how much better they get as you get older.

I'll hang in with VOOM till the bitter end...I have no desire to rush into the vast SD wasteland of some other provider...it's a damn shame to think what might have been... :(

I'm hangin' in to the bitter end. I figure when the day comes, I can watch the locals (I have a seperate cable for my OTA that can be hooked up directly to the HDTV) for a few days and have cable or E* or D* in about a week or less.

I'm ordering VOOM!

Moving to a new place the end of February. Went ahead and ordered service last night. I figure for $1 if they don't survive I'm out $1 and whatever aggravation I get from the install. I can then go out and get cable or one of the other satellite services.

I'll hang on til the bitter end. What's the point in "biting off your nose to spite your face"? Just whom do those cancelling now think that they are hurting anyway? Certainly not Cablevision. Only themselves. When it's gone, I'm not sure at this point just what I will do. I am seriously considering at this point, not buying into any other service till they get serious with their HD offerings. I am able to receive all network OTA programming, and may just content myself with that rather than feeding my dollars into D* or E* or cable. Will sure miss this forum and all the lively conversation and help though.

Yes

Yes, I'm staying till the bitter end. Who knows what may happen between now and then. I can hear the minds grinding away and I'm still watching HD. :D

Yep...Im in until the end. Lets hope it isnt too soon!!!

I am staying until the end and then am going to hook up C-Band dish again. I will give up on the dvr. I would rather have great picture quality. That way I will be getting the same signal as dish and directv before they compress the hell out of it. Also can get all the premium channels we have now except for the voom exclusives. Glad I didn't take big dish down last year when I was going to. Would love Voom to stay on until spring so I don't have to play outside in the winter.

jame_g said:
Yes. My HDTV was dead until Voom. And currently will be without Voom. So I will stay with Voom until the end because currently when Voom dies, so does my HDTV.
I'm in the same boat. When Voom is gone, my TV will be used to watch cable (no HD available) and DVDs for a while. Here's hoping that there are some great HD deals out there for DirectTV or Dish! I just don't have the spare cash to soak into an HD receiver right now... :(

Hopefully the speculation on using the Voom receiver for OTA will keep me a live for a while??? :D

Why Not. What is it going to cost me to leave it connected? just programming fees that I would pay to another provider.

I am also hanging on until the end.
Now that Dish is going to get Voom Satallite I bet you they will be singing the same old song, and will continues to add things that no one wants to watch, and continues to say that same old song, there is no good HD programming out there that is worth adding. It is a sad day, but I will not give up hope for Voom. My Television watching has never been the same since I signed up with Voom. I have Dish, and I would like to say it is nothing like Voom. If we are waiting for Dish to add more HD content, we will be waiting a long time. It seems as if Dish is not listening to want the people wants, but adding what they think we wants. My hat is off to voom for bringing us more HD content.

I will stay on until things get un-usable. I don't know what all the skeeters talk is! I just watched voom through a blizzard in philly and picture quality was unrivaled. My wife just wants to say that the Ultra channel rocks. for me Worldsport (picture of Homer drolling with HD soccer in back-drop) is the bomb, never seen anything like it.
nothing worth adding my A$$