Will you stay with VOOM until it goes dark?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Another returnee to BUD

If Voom folds the tent, I will also be going back to my big dish and 4DTV receiver setup. It will be a pain in the butt get it back alive and to teach my wife how to use it again, but the serious loss in NTSC picture quality with DirecTV and DishNetwork would be even more painful to handle.

This time around I will also get an HDD200 decoder so that I can get the C-band HDTV signals. I don't know where I am going to find the Equator and Gallery channel stuff for my wife. Maybe these programs will become available via NetFlix DVDs. The old movies are already there, although their DVD quality is less than the Voom HD conversions we have enjoyed.

Who knows, maybe Charlie can pull one last rabbit out of his hat... I would follow that rabbit.

I'm staying till the bitter end. I'm a bit upset with voom tonight, but that's another story. Who knows, a miracle may happen. If not, maybe dtv or dish will have some great deals for voom customers when they finally do shut down. I don't really see the point in canceling now anyways. They're still transmitting the same programming they always have.

I also have the option of going back to my C Band dish. But don't think there is very much HD that can be purchased there. Have e-mailed an inquiry to TurnerVision regarding same. No reply yet.

Stay away from TurnerVision they are owned by Dish Network now. They will outright lie to you to convert you to Dish Network.

Go with NPS they are the only true people devoted to 4DTV. www.callnps.com

Of course, what Voomer would not?
I have only had this system for about a month, but it has been the most wonderful experience. I could not have hoped or dreamed for a better sat system. Had D* for years, but dropped them real quick last month in favor of Voom and their superior HD offerings and SD PQ.
Bought an HDTV 2 years ago, and was never able to utilize it to it's full capacity...until Voom came along.
It's been a wonderful experience.
And when it goes dark...so will I.
None of the other sat providers offer anything worthwhile, nor does cable and Cox is the most gestapo-like organization ever seen!!!!!
Hopefully, Voom will transition into something better or the dreaded E*...cringe...will take advantage of their purhcase and do something good with an idea that was just in time...but not sold or marketed properly.
I will continue to Voom until that privilege has been taken away from me.
Then, my HDTV will receive only sd programming and sub-par PQ at best!!!!
Sigh.
HD we hardly knew ya!!!!

Good Voomer

With all the talk, seems like the last election: exit poll's : lot of hype not fact:

No way I'm bailing out...Voom is still making my HDTV sizzle!!!

Man, every single person that has seen my Voom (since almost a year) has been awed by the PQ and left jaw dropped...but that's the same kind of people that although they were impressed, haven't subscribed to Voom.

I have heard of at least 20 of my friends in the past year say Wow, how do I get Voom? I am dropping my D* and getting Voom..." I've given them all the details...but only 1 has installed...Why? Find this reason and you'll know why subs haven't lifted off...!!!
This is a huge bummer....I will miss Rave, Equator and Worldsport!!!

It's interesting that the poll has 7 "No" voters, but none of them have discussed why not staying. Isn't 7 the number of VOOM-bashers (Non-voomers) that we have on this forum? Coincidence? ;)

I ain't goin nowhere

I'm staying til they close up shop.

I'll stay with Voom till Rainbow 1 goes dark

;) I'm staying with Voom till Rainbow 1 goes dark :p

I'm just waiting for March when Vooms adds another 35 HD channels and get my two HD DVR :)

One Month of Voom is worth > or = 12 months of it's lesser than rivals :D

Give me Voom or give me only OTA !!!! :mad:

Voomster :rainbow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)