Will you get SETA

• YES

Votes: 12 9.9%
  • NO

Votes: 102 84.3%
  • Already got it

Votes: 7 5.8%

• Total voters
When is the Setanta free preview supossed to end? I thought it was end of August but I could swear it was still on last Sunday. I'll check when I get home but a friend is asking.

Ended a couple of days ago. I believe Monday was the first day that wasn't free.

I LOVE soccer. Have my whole life. But I am not paying $15 a month for one channel. Not when I already have FSC, GolTV, and WorldSportHD. As well, ESPN shows HD soccer too. If it was HD, I might think about it, but otherwise no thanks.

looking at the poll results, I guess all the people that kept crying for this channel have decided not to come here anymore! :rolleyes:

I am totally in agreement with gdodd12. Soccer (and rugby) is well served by Setanta but with all the other soccer alternatives on Dish I would not pay $15/mo for this channel even if it was in HD. I would really like to see Setanta bundled into the Dish Multi-Sport Package even if it remains SD.

yeah, 15 out of 91 people! Hmm. Don't see Dish or Setanta making much cash off this one.

15 out of 91 would be an incredible mindbloggling success, and the secretaries and janitors at Setanta would all get a new Mercedes as a bonus.

That would be 2 million Dish customers subscribing ! $30 million revue per year. Dish has local packages uplinked to 6 channels that will never get anywhere near $300,000 per year in revenue - and Setanta uses only one SD channel slot.

More likely that the 15 out of 91 indicates that the Setanta fanatics have not left this site ! :cool:

If I was a casual sawker fan, I would not sub to Setanta. It seems the casual fans are happy to watch what ever game is on at the time, for the most part. I am subscribing to Setanta because my second religion is Manchester United. The United games that are on Setanta make $15 more reasonable.

The ability to have nearly every United game spread out on all of my channels makes $15 a bargain for me. However, I too would like to see Setanta bunddled into the sports pack. Hopefully when the Directv deal expires, Dish can change the price up a bit. On the other hand, if Setanta and Dish are happy with their customer base at $15 a pop, I don't think they will change things.

I agree we are a smaal number on this site that subs to this channel, but Setanta has commericals on Goltv and FSC telling to call Dish if they want this channel.

Alot of my friends didn't even know Setanta was on E* till I told them.

During the preview I enjoyed watching some Aussie football. Brought me back to the days when ESPN was a fledgling. Too bad they want 15 bills. It's not worth it to me.

There was a really interesting article on the DigitalSpy.co.uk sight that said in the current format, Setanta would not make it through the next two years if drastic changes were not made to the pricing structure.

Wrong Setanta.

That refers to Setanta UK, a different and separate company - with some ownership in common, much as Fox Sports in the USA, and Fox Sports in Australia have the same ownership, but are different companies.

So, the article has nothing to do with the success or failure of the channel on Dish Network.

As an "Aussie" expat, I love my "Aussie Rules" and Rugby League, but not to the tune of $14.99/month. If they dropped it to a couple of bucks a month, maybe I would reconsider

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)