Will You Watch the Olympics in 3D?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Have no interest in spending the money just to put on a pair of dumb glasses to watch something that looks less real to me.

Wish I could but I have the the feet dragging Dish Network who promised 3D but can't deliver. Maybe its just as well I don't get it in 3D here as I am deep into making my next 3D program- Bryce Canyon 3D documentary. I'd lose too much time if I got distracted with Olympics in 3D.

If I didn't like my VIP 722k so much, I would switch to DirecTV ASAP just for the 3D support.

If I didn't like my VIP 722k so much, I would switch to DirecTV ASAP just for the 3D support.
The 722K full supports 3D. I had a 722K and had access to their 3D Demo channel which they had up and running for about a year (its been taken down now and was hidden to customers)

The reason they are not carrying any 3D has nothing to do with Technology or bandwidth. (It takes the same amount of bandwidth as a standard HD channel) and in talking with them about 3D the feeling I get is they feel there is not enough market to offer a 3D channel. I told them that they SHOULD have gotten the 3D Olympics to see how many people would actually use it. Unfortunately they didn't take my advice. :(

Not to get off topic, but the only thing I really miss about my 722k is the sling adapter. Granted Dish has a "better" EHD setup, the HR34 is nice and has 5 tuners.

I know, I gotta get off my butt and do it before fball. Thats the only time we use it, if we are at an event or on the road we watch the games :)

Thanks Scott. I was pretty sure any Dish HD receiver would handle the traditional SBS Half 3D format. It's basically a pass-through. You are correct that it requires no added bandwidth over 2D HD. The main issue with Dish Network is they are struggling with trying to sell the Hopper and all efforts are on that. As I overheard that new CEO tell the staff that if Hopper fails many heads would be booted out the door. With that, nobody is thinking about anything at Dish except moving the Hopper. Local BB store is getting pushed to hard sell the Hopper now. Every time I go to the counter I get their canned pitch even though these people know me. They are required now to pour it on to hard sell the Hopper. My response now is- Tell your regional supervisor that I want Dish to carry some 3D channels that are available or I might just be Hopping over to DirecTV. ( One kid at the counter said- I don't think DirecTV works with the Hopper. :rolleyes: )

Jason- I have the sling adapter on my wife's 722 and it works great but is Dish specific. I also have the HD Slingbox on my 722K and it is even better as I can access it faster and has more functionality. The picture to my ipad3 is great. LTE is more than adequate to stream the Sling HD to my ipad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts