Win 7 Mobile News thread

Tango Video chat on the HTC TITAN with Windows Phone 7.5

HTC Titan I think is the biggest phone HTC has made I think AT&T is getting it and I hope that Sprint gets something similar..

Last edited by a moderator:
Mango now available no waiting

Force Mango update early through Zune software and avoid frostbite | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

Before we begin, keep in mind that a total of three updates must be installed on the path to Mango: 7392, 7403, and 7720, which is Mango itself. The process will take a while. Some people may already have 7392, in which case things will move a bit faster. I also recommend removing any music and unessential apps from the phone beforehand, as that can significantly cut down on the time it takes to backup and restore the phone's data.
Steps to force a Mango update on phones for which Mango has started rolling out:
Connect your Windows Phone to a PC and launch the Zune software
Click on Phone > Settings > Update. Allow the software to tell you whether an update is available. If so, skip this guide. If not continue to the next step.
Time to force the update. Click another button (any of the options above or below the word Update). Then click the Update button again, and this time disconnect your computer from the internet after 1-2 seconds. Do this by pulling out the Ethernet cable, disabling Wi-Fi, etc. If it says your phone is already up to date, you didn't disconnect quickly enough and need to try this step again.
Wait 30 seconds or so and Zune should display a notification that an update is available. This is 7392, the first Mango pre-update.
Now reconnect to the internet and continue with the update process through the Zune software.
After 7392 is fully installed, you may receive a notification that another update is available. If so, install it now. If not, proceed to the next step.
If the second update isn't popping up on its own, repeat steps 3-5, causing the 7403 update to appear.
Install 7403, brave reader. Speeding right along, isn't it? ;)
Mango time! At this point, Zune should automatically start installing the last update, 7720, aka Mango. If it doesn't happen automatically, force it like we did in previous steps.
This last step is very important! Celebrate your phone’s new found Mango status by purchasing a mango smoothie at your nearest Smoothie King, Jamba Juice, Baskin Robbins, or similar establishment.

It works downloading now

I would assume that this thread is for WIN7 phone owners and those interested in them, not for people who don't own them. Why crap on an owners thread when you don't own one. Like going to the Direct threads and bashing Direct or vice versa for DISH:rolleyes: Unless of course your a Sony/Apple fanboi lol

Last edited:
Updated yesterday. So far the coolest thing is being able to voice text. Still no visual Voice mail or use your own ringtones. The ability to mass text or email groups could be handy. Much easier to delete things now too.

New zune pass plan out today. I had never used or heard or it so I am trying it out. I like it.

What exactly is a zune pass plan? Inquiring minds want to know. But too lazy to actually google it. ;)

You can pay 9.99 a month and it lets you stream or download to your device (plus computer and xbox) the majority of the songs in the zune library. As long as you have an active subscription, you can keep the downloaded songs, or so it seems.
They had an older plan for 14.00 that did the same but also gave you 10 songs a month to keep even if you didnt keep the service.

Seems like a good service.

You can pay 9.99 a month and it lets you stream or download to your device (plus computer and xbox) the majority of the songs in the zune library. As long as you have an active subscription, you can keep the downloaded songs, or so it seems.
They had an older plan for 14.00 that did the same but also gave you 10 songs a month to keep even if you didnt keep the service.

Seems like a good service.

Figured it was something like that. How big is the library of music, and how does it compare with Spotify? I am totally sold on Spotify premium. $10 per month, unlimited access to 15 Million songs, and you can download stuff for offline listening as well. Public playlists (f you want them), and unlike Pandora, you can listen to actual albums.

Figured it was something like that. How big is the library of music, and how does it compare with Spotify? I am totally sold on Spotify premium. $10 per month, unlimited access to 15 Million songs, and you can download stuff for offline listening as well. Public playlists (f you want them), and unlike Pandora, you can listen to actual albums.

I am not sure on the exact number of songs, but ive seen it pegged between 11-15 million as well, so it is comparable in that regard.
Ive never used spotify, but from what I have read, they seem similar.

I am not sure on the exact number of songs, but ive seen it pegged between 11-15 million as well, so it is comparable in that regard.
Ive never used spotify, but from what I have read, they seem similar.

The difference is I can run spotify on my Droid, my mac, my pc, my ipad, etc...

The difference is I can run spotify on my Droid, my mac, my pc, my ipad, etc...

True, Zune Pass is "limited" to the PC, WP7, Xbox, ect. However, because it is optimized to run on those platforms versus something that will run on most anything, I have read that it is a smoother experience overall. Again, just what I have read as I have no experience with spotify.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts