Win 7 Mobile News thread

Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 3, 2003
OK
Your really posting this and getting excited about WP7 having .3% of the facebook users? Only thing positive in this article is that they are about to pass webOS. That is something to be excited about. WP7 is about to have more Facebook users that webOS. :eek:

Yeah just think that there could be more WP7 that Android as well which would put it at the top.. My guess is by the end of 2012 WP7 devices will be right up there or close to the top 2 most used devices on the market.

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
Then again Apple claims they don't do it either. Steve Jobs: Apple iPhone Doesn't Track Users | News & Opinion | PCMag.com I am not saying I believe that but why should I trust the Microsoft statement and not the Apple one?

There are ways (supposedly) to deactivate the tracking. I hope Microsoft does overcome the update problems however. Perhaps then they will have some chance of catching up with the other platforms. While your prediction of them catching up in a year or so seems like a stretch maybe they can do it in the longer run.

Last edited:

digiblur

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 8, 2005
Louisiana
WP7 will probably do it later. They have followed in apples footsteps from 2 years ago so far. Well except for the not updating the operating system on phones..apple didn't do that one.

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
What makes you think that "there could be more WP7 that Android as well which could put it at the top?"

There are some estimates that WP7 will become a major player in 2015 but other than you I have never seen anyone predict the kind of growth you do putting it at or near the top in 2012.

DodgerKing

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 14, 2007
SoCal
Growth at the beginning of most new things is often great. They usually plateau and never come close to matching the growth rates at the start. Growth is usually logarithmic

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
Does anyone know when WP7 will get multitasking for third party apps? I know someone who was curious about the lack of an Audible app (it offers some nice features) but was told that they have no plans to port it to WP 7 till it can multitask.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)