Win 7 Mobile News thread

I think it all comes down to what you want in a phone and are willing to pay. I realy have no desire at this time to pay a premium $10 fee per month to have 4G. I want a phone that makes good calls, good texting(with external keyboard) and light internet use all done easily without much of a learning curve, the Sprint Arrive fits my needs nicely. Others may hate the phone because it does not work for what they want out of a phone and they are willing to pay more to match their needs.

My only concern is that Sprint is going out of their way to NOT promote that they have a Win7 phone. Not sure what there reason is. I even saw the Sprint Arrive phone pictured in an ad in a magazine with no mention of it being Win7, just a generic tag line to the whole Sprint line of phones N service. For some reason they are still marketing the crap out of their EVO phones that are at least a year old if not getting close to 2, but I guess if that is what they want to spend their marketing $$$'s on....

My only concern is that Sprint is going out of their way to NOT promote that they have a Win7 phone. Not sure what there reason is. I even saw the Sprint Arrive phone pictured in an ad in a magazine with no mention of it being Win7, just a generic tag line to the whole Sprint line of phones N service.
I think the question would better be asked as why would they advertise it at all. Of the new phones sold, around 7.7% are Windows phones. Advertising by Microsoft in widely circulated magazines and on national TV (either directly or through product placement on shows like Grey's Anatomy) hasn't effectively stemmed the bleeding of market share.

Sprint desperately needs to work on its own market share, not to go down with WinMo. Absent the 4G exclusive, they're in serious need of something that will save them from being "that network that has Nextel".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)