Windham, Maine locals

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Old Timer

Original poster
Jul 25, 2006
Good afternoon;
Can anyone tell me what LNBs to use with a slimline dish in order to receive local channels in Windham, Maine from DirecTV?
Thanks for any advice.
Old Timer

For starters, he's in the Portland, Maine DMA, & his SD locals are on 119, so...

If you ONLY want SD locals, you need the (small) oval dish.
If you want HD locals, you'll need the slimline 5, as your MTN local is NOT duplicated in MPEG4.
If you just call D*, they'll install whatever you need to get them.

As I've no experience with the slimline installations I appreciate all the info. Based on the responses I've ordered a 5 LNB set to go with my slimline dish. Only plan on SD reception with it from camp.

OldTimer

As I've no experience with the slimline installations I appreciate all the info. Based on the responses I've ordered a 5 LNB set to go with my slimline dish. Only plan on SD reception with it from camp.

OldTimer

If you already have a Slimline, you have a 5 lnb, assuming it was installed by Directv.

Ahhh, another little piece of information. If you need a dish for a camp for only SD then the single LNB dish for 101 will work.

You DID read the part about his SD locals being on 119... :confused:

You ONLY need the oval dish for SD reception in your area - NOT a slimline.
You should also know that aiming a slimline is way more touchy than the oval dish, particularly in some "camping" situations.
You also didn't mention how far away from home you're camping, but you DO know that your locals are on a spotbeam, which is only available so far outside your viewing area. Get too far away & you will NOT get them camping.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)