Windows 10 Insider Preview

Frank Jr.

Beati pacifici 5:9
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 8, 2004
Columbia S.C.
I decided to download W-10 Preview on an old XP laptop that I didn't use much anymore because the thing was incredibly slooooow with it's tiny 1.6 Celeron processor. I am surprised how zippy this old thing has become after the install. I can now get familiar with this new OS and decide if I want to take MS up on the free download next month on my newer machines. Navigating around isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I guess my iPad1 I purchased long ago sort of helped prepare me for this tablet like OS. I will say getting the download from Microsoft to actually install was a tremendous PIA. That may be partially my fault because I didn't know that I had to do a custom install because of XP.

Before anyone decides to try this preview of Windows 10. I strongly advise you to read Microsoft's Privacy Agreement before installing it.

Before anyone decides to try this preview of Windows 10. I strongly advise you to read Microsoft's Privacy Agreement before installing it.
Thanks for the heads up on that:

"When you acquire, install and use the Program software and services, Microsoft collects information about your use of the software and services as well as about the devices and networks on which they operate. Examples of data we may collect include your name, email address, preferences and interests; location, browsing, search and file history; phone call and SMS data; device configuration and sensor data; voice, text and writing input; and application usage."

How can they call this a Privacy Agreement? Its more like giving up all privacy. WTH?

Granted I installed it on a Virtual machine, but I only got the start menu to come up 1 time. Now windows 10's start menu won't open at all, neither will search. Been thinking of installing windows 10 on my computers but I'm a little nervous if something as basic as a start menu doesn't work

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)