Windows 7: A rebadged, much better Vista?

Windows 7 must be a way to try to stimulate the economy. I don't feel a bit sorry for these companies that want you to but new sh*t all the time. Hope they all go out of business.

Isn't that just about every company out there? Well, maybe not coffin and headstone makers, but let's not give them any ideas about selling people upgrades every couple of years.

I have a question about installing Windows 7. I booted into my XP partition and told it to install over my Vista partition. It went through part of the installation, Copying files and then "expanding" them, and then it rebooted. Of course, the installation DVD was still in the drive, so when my computer rebooted, it went to Windows 7 setup. I figured it would be "continuing" the installation I had just started, but it looks like now that it's starting a whole new one since it's basically asking me all the same questions as before. Should I go through with it like this, or should I exit this supposed "new" installation and boot back into XP and see if the installation is going to "continue" from there? Please help me soon as right now my desktop is in installation limbo..

I have a question about installing Windows 7. I booted into my XP partition and told it to install over my Vista partition. It went through part of the installation, Copying files and then "expanding" them, and then it rebooted. Of course, the installation DVD was still in the drive, so when my computer rebooted, it went to Windows 7 setup. I figured it would be "continuing" the installation I had just started, but it looks like now that it's starting a whole new one since it's basically asking me all the same questions as before. Should I go through with it like this, or should I exit this supposed "new" installation and boot back into XP and see if the installation is going to "continue" from there? Please help me soon as right now my desktop is in installation limbo..

I sounds as if perhaps your PC is set to boot off CD/DVD as higher priority than booting off the hard drive. That would take priority over continuing the install.

If it were me, I would exit the new installation, and reboot the PC without the install DVD in, and see if it continues the previous installation.

Microsoft Vista was just a test program for windows 7. I'm sure Microsoft was saying "what the hell let the public try it out and see what they think, so we don't have to spend money on testing this sh*t". Some day, including myself people will get smart and quit buying all this pc sh*t.

I sounds as if perhaps your PC is set to boot off CD/DVD as higher priority than booting off the hard drive. That would take priority over continuing the install.

If it were me, I would exit the new installation, and reboot the PC without the install DVD in, and see if it continues the previous installation.
That's what I figured the problem was. I removed the disc and the installation completed fine after another reboot (followed by multiple other reboots.) Now I get to search for drivers for my sound card, wireless card, and motherboard.

You should have noticed a prompt when it was rebooting with the dvd in the drive "press any key to boot from cd/dvd" - if you don't press a key it should continue as normal from the hard drive.

You should have noticed a prompt when it was rebooting with the dvd in the drive "press any key to boot from cd/dvd" - if you don't press a key it should continue as normal from the hard drive.
I was expecting that. I didn't get it. Instead it just said, "Starting Windows" with a progress bar and then went into setup.
In any case, the computer is almost fully operational. Not having native Wireless support sucked, so I had to use ICS on my laptop to my desktop to connect to windows update to download the newest driver.

I couldn't install itunes, here is the fix to get past the installer crashing:

An issue with the Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP) client in Windows 7 beta is causing Explorer and some MSI-based installers to stop working properly.

To solve this problem, follow these steps:

Click the Start button , click All Programs, and then click Accessories.

Right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. In the User Account Control window, verify that Program name is Windows Command Processor, and then click Yes.

In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type or paste the following text at the prompt:

reg delete HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SQMClient\Windows\DisabledSessions /va /f

Press Enter to install the solution.

If The operation completed successfully displays, close the Administrator: Command Prompt window to complete this procedure. If "ERROR: Access is denied" displays, repeat this procedure from the top, making sure you clicked Run as administrator in step two.

AS far as the Vista OS goes.... why even make a 64 bit IE for vista if it cant play video and etc off youtube? Learning all kinds of things about this Vista in the month Ive had it.
The 64 bit IE was designed for the 64bit version vista. If you have 64 bit OS ,64bit IE and 64 bit processor. Then it should be able to handle 64 & 32 bet processes.
But the 64 bit IE will not work properly with 32bit OS and 32 bit processor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)