Windows 7 God Mode

Jim S.

When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
FN11od
Tired of trying to figure out where 7 has hidden a control panel module? Create a folder on your desktop and name it

GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

("GodMode" can be any label.)

When you open it, you'll get a list of all control panel modules. They're still grouped by type, but there's nothing to expand, nothing to unhide, nothing to guess at. There are some that I've never seen through the normal interface.

NEVER MIND. I figured it out.

You first create a new folder, and leave it new folder, Then right click on it, and rename it to GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C} And then it turns into a Control Panel icon.

Cool. THANKS!

Really neat find! I wish I could pin it to the start menu though. I know I can put it in the system/task bar but I like keeping the desktop and tray as clean as possible. Still like it very much. Thanks!
Update.....I found a way to pin it to the start menu but can't remove the icon from the desktop. If I do it disables or removes the file.​

Last edited:
Heard some reports that GM doesn't like Win 7, but appears to be fine on my box...

As far as not seeing it on the desktop, what I did was create a new folder on my main hard drive, then inside that folder did the create folder and name it "GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}" Now the program has a permanent residence that is not on my desktop. Next dragged the icon the to Windows Start Menu and the menu eventually opened, pinned it up there... and boo-yah, God Mode + Clean desktop :D