Windows 8 OS,Tablet, New Win 8 PCs News Thread

Hmm have to admit that is something different for sure.

Acer Aspire R7 transforming Windows 8 laptop: A quick look at one of the most innovative designs today

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone comment on just how difficult Windows 8 is to learn? The reason I ask is that my dad is in the market for a new laptop and they ALL have 8 on them. I have NO experience with the OS as I haven't had a reason to upgrade, and my dad is about as tech-savvy as a gnat. Is it going to be a major pain where I'm going to have to wipe 8 off and install 7 (I have a few keys I nabbed from MSDN) or are the changes good even without a touch screen (odds are he won't be having one.) Thanks.

The reason I ask is that my dad is in the market for a new laptop and they ALL have 8 on them.
Most all computers targeted at businesses have Windows 7 available (if not the default configuration).

If the goal is to run applications or hardware collected over the years, Windows 8 is not your friend.

Nice to see high resolution on coming with intel processors. Would make a very lightweight notebook with some real processing power.

First look at Windows 8.1

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts