Windows 8 OS,Tablet, New Win 8 PCs News Thread

Based on what? Blue? That's more of the same that consumers and corporations aren't clamoring for.

Like I have said I think it to early to say how things will turn out but either way it's a waste of time to debate or try to be speculate on things that have not yet happen yet so until then everyone will just have to wait and see how it goes. But until then no one really knows what will happen so it's always wait and see type of game. Until then like I always advise my users use what your like and go from there but don't get caught up in the hype and always try other things until you find that thing that fits your needs the best.

They aren't moving the RT tablets, they aren't moving the Surface Pro tablets, so another size will help how?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Just depend seems like everyone doing it rather it be a Note or just a big phone everyone else seems to be doing the same thing most already have. So in the end it's up to what the users want I know some who would prefer a 7 inch over a 10.

Just depend seems like everyone doing it rather it be a Note or just a big phone everyone else seems to be doing the same thing most already have. So in the end it's up to what the users want I know some who would prefer a 7 inch over a 10.

As a desktop replacement, which is the market that MS seems to be shooting for, 7" and 10" displays won't cut it.

Then again, no one actually knows what they're trying to sell in the commercials.

If they have desktop and start button come back, Win 8.1 could be popular.

That's just silly. I've had that since day one with a $5 software purchase. And since the OS was significantly cheaper than previous OSes, I still ended up way ahead in terms of price.

People complaining about the metro UI could have avoided it altogether with minimal effort. And it's way faster than Windows 7 was on my laptop.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

They aren't moving the RT tablets, they aren't moving the Surface Pro tablets, so another size will help how?

Aren't moving because people can't find them. Microsoft marketing sucks! Finally Best Buy got some in and I went and bought a Surface Pro yesterday. Interesting, with my purchase, they are sold out. I tried to get one on Amazon, same price as Best Buy, but they were in back order status so I cancelled and bought locally. Couple months ago only MS stores had them and we don't have any in the region.

Aren't moving because people can't find them. Microsoft marketing sucks! Finally Best Buy got some in and I went and bought a Surface Pro yesterday. Interesting, with my purchase, they are sold out. I tried to get one on Amazon, same price as Best Buy, but they were in back order status so I cancelled and bought locally. Couple months ago only MS stores had them and we don't have any in the region.

The surface pro intrigues me; but without the typical tablet battery life, not enough to take the plunge. Maybe in future iterations where the battery questions are addressed.

Too new for me to tell on battery life. Most likely it will not be an issue since my lifestyle with it will be 90% in locations where I can plug in. More of concern is the charger is big and bulky compared to Apple ipad charger. Look forward to 3rd party accessories for that.

Have a question on win 8 security. Should I install a 3rd party security package or does Windows 8 have adequate virus and threat protection built in?

If you are running security essentials, you are running MS's version of an antivirus. I use it on my home computers without issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts