Windows Phone 7 App Store Larger Than Android At Launch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
title should read
"windows app store has more apps at launch then android app store when it was launched."

oh and
Here's an encouraging statistic: in just about six weeks, the Windows Phone 7 Marketplace has 4,000 apps (many of which are, shall we say, not much better than fart apps).

I believe this news release - although not much "news" to start with - had just one purpose: lay to rest the
rumors that WP7 will be abandoned just as fast as KIN was, unless it's a smashing success.

It won't. It is another market/form factor MS considers part of the computing landscape.
And just like it did with netbooks (and Xbox before that), it will elbow its way into it even if it has to buy market share or sue the competition...

Diogen.

I would not discount Microsoft. The real question to me is if they will overtake Apple. I do not see either Apple or MS going past Android. It is just too hard to compete with free. Apple will be limited by only having their phone running iOS, but if they continue their strong features and hardware they will keep their loyal fans. The question will be if phone makers push MS over Google enough to get MS market share built up.

It is not like Windows phones just started with the launch of Mobile 7. It has been around for many years.

Any new OS will have more APPs at its start than the older OS at their start. First, there is already a market place. Second, the APP was already create for one OS so that makes it a little easier to develop one for another OS.

I would be willing to bet that if another phone with its own OS starts within the next five years it too will have more APPs at its start than many of the others at their start

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts