Windows Phone's “Cortana” to compete with Siri and Google Now

I'm not going to bother reading about it because I will likely never own a Windows Phone. I do love the name though. For those who don't know, Cortana is Master Chief's AI companion in Microsoft's exclusive video game franchise Halo. I think it was funny and smart of them to name the "AI companion" on our phones after her. Now I just need to figure out how to get Siri to start responding to the name Cortana. If they used the voice actor from the game instead of a generic computer voice they get bonus points.

Last edited:
Yeah be kind of interesting to see what they can do with it.

The Windows phone UI and the phones themselves seem ok to me. The problem is all the missing apps.

I was a blackberry user for years after the iPhone and android phones came out. It was painful seeing all the apps that weren't available to me as a blackberry user so as soon as Verizon offered an iPhone I switched and haven't looked back. I would never want to be on the device that is missing lots of the best apps again and I think that's the case with Windows Phone now.

Even if they did have everything I want Apple pretty much has me locked down now. I think some of the Android phones from the Nexus, to the Galaxy 4 active, to the HTC One look really cool. I have invested in so much in apps and iTunes content over the last few years that it isn't realistic for me to switch now. I would end up buying many of the same apps all over again and I just don't want to do that. Plus I have and iPad that can use the same apps and an Apple TV for the iTunes content. They basically have me locked into their ecosystem for the foreseeable future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm not going to bother reading about it because I will likely never own a Windows Phone. I do love the name though. For those who don't know, Cortana is Master Chief's AI companion in Microsoft's exclusive video game franchise Halo. I think it was funny and smart of them to name the "AI companion" on our phones after her. Now I just need to figure out how to get Siri to start responding to the name Cortana. If they used the voice actor from the game instead of a generic computer voice they get bonus points.
I don't know... from what I heard Cortana had some issues in the last Halo game.. not sure if I want that sort of AI in charge of my phone.. Personally I'd prefer an AI like Wheatley, but then again I'd probably have even more issues...

I don't know... from what I heard Cortana had some issues in the last Halo game.. not sure if I want that sort of AI in charge of my phone.. Personally I'd prefer an AI like Wheatley, but then again I'd probably have even more issues...

Yeah either way you are in trouble but I'd love either of them to replace Siri.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)