winegard dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

themodernoman

Original poster
Jun 23, 2008
I recently installed a winegard with sg2100 motor and a viewsat ultra I've done everything from manually point it ..my signal strength does not pass 58% and 0 quality. There is a house beside me that might be blocking the signal would that prevent me from acquiring a better signal and getting a signal quality? I've set up properly with my dyseqc switch with the proper port I'm using etc

A lot depends upon your longitude, and how tall and how close the neighbor's house sits.
The satellite's are surprisingly high in the sky, in my opinion.
Here's a shot of the south side of my place, with two motorized dishes ( you can "just" see my second lnbf ) . The house next door doesn't impede my reception at all .
If you let us know your longitude, we can suggest a particular transponder to concentrate on.
:)

Attachments

• Dish-arrangement.jpg
    Dish-arrangement.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 160
more info

Some information would help us to help you>like where you are, which satellite you are trying to hit, how close is this house you think may be blocking the line of sight for the satellite. Give us your coordinates, and we'll see if we can assist. Is your dish on the ground on a pole, or on the roof? Usually its easier to set it up without the motor and switches until you learn how to get a signal, then add the other parts.
What sat are you trying for?

thanks for the responses..I've got the invacon quad LNB I'm trying to get galaxy 25...I've turned the lnb clock wise and counter clock wise and nothing...I'm in Canada...my postal code is n1r 6b7 cambridge ontario

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)