Winegard MP1 and a strange setup. .

KE7WWT

Original poster
May 3, 2020
NY
Ok. . this one is off the beaten path. . . I have a low data rate signal coming off the SES-2 bird. Between the strength and the low data rate, the signal can actually be received with a "naked" LNB as long as it is pointed at the bird.

Current setup: The frequency is 12.1032 into a LNB (system setting frequency) that has an input frequency of 10.70 to 12.75, a output of 950 to 2150 and a LO frequency of 9750 & 10.600. I can also change the LO frequency to 10.750. . . good so far?

Well. . . here's the issue. I was given a Winegard MP! which is made for the Dish/AT&T/Bell network and uses a LNB with different settings. With the old LNB, my system send up 14.2 volts. I understand there is a difference between circular polarization and linear, but the improvement made by the MP1 will make up for the loss.

What I need is the LNB difference between a DISH/AT&T net and the issued LNB. If I know all of the specs one th Winegard MP1 LNB then I can adjust my frequency setting from 12.1032 to match the LNB. I can't change the LNB or LO frequency from 9450 & 10.600 or 10.750. Or. . . an easier method is a LNB that matches what is expected, but I cannot find one.

An y advice from the group of experts is greatly appreciated.

The frequency range of the LNBF on the new donor dish is 12.200 - 12.750 GHz. This is above the target transponder frequency. The tuned frequency is not shifted by changing the LO frequency.
Crap. . . that's not going to work - the expected input frequency is lower than the donor LNB is capable of receiving. Anyone know of a direct replacement?