Winegard Pinnacle 10 foot Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Right now I am trying to buy the 4" pipe to start the installation. I will be going to some metal yard 2mrw,
I also bought the DMS BSC621-2 C/Ku Lnbf, A globecast Receiver, a General Intrument 2500R Receiver, and a DX DSZ-200 C-BAND SATELLITE RECEIVER.
Once I am able to get the the pole 2mrw I may pour the concrete on friday. Although I am still waiting for my Home owner's associaton approval.

That dish will perform very bad with that LNB you bought, you could have bought a 1.5m dish instead of the large Winegard if you are going to use that LNB.

Too bad people don't have the knowledge to buy right stuff but end up buying cheap Sadoun stuff that is not suited for a dish like this at all.

Call Seavey www.seaveyengineering.com

The Pinnacle 10" dish was in it's day the best performing mesh dish available.

I had one myself and i still have the manual for the whole Pinnacle range from 6 to 10".

You need a Seavey feedhorn for that dish as it's very deep, about 0.278

Otherwise you will lose much signal if you use a standard Chaparral feed or a standard Ku-band feed.

That's interesting. Can you explain to me technically why that feedhorn is so much better?

The Pinnacle 10" dish was in it's day the best performing mesh dish available.

I had one myself and i still have the manual for the whole Pinnacle range from 6 to 10".

Otherwise you will lose much signal if you use a standard Chaparral feed or a standard Ku-band feed.

Can you let me have a cpoy of the manual and how can i get the Seavey feedhorn?

short answer

if the focal length is way different, then you'd need a feedhorn that can 'see' the entire surface of the dish
(to get maximum signal)

...I will let others elaborate on a more complete answer...

I didn't find the Seavey feedhorn called for on that website. As I recall, however, Seavey would actually place their probe beyond the the front plane of the waveguide tube on its feedhorns designed for deep dish use, which makes me wonder why even have a waveguide tube at all.

Does Seavey make a feedhorn for less than $500? They didn't the last time i checked, which was admittedly several years ago.

As I said in post #10, the Chaparral Corotor has a setting labeled .30. I'd buy that $130 feedhorn and see if that set-up gets you everything you desire before shopping for a Seaevy, unless they now have a more affordable line of products.

It is not important to eek out the last fraction of a dB of satellite signal gain inless you are trying to receive a beam targeted at some other region of the globe. People who are trying to get DirecTV Latin America sometimes needed to absolutely max out their dish's performance, but most of us don't benefit from any more performance than a 10' Pinnacle with a Corotor would normally deliver.

I use a corotor that I got from Skyvision on my Winegard dish . My dish is probably identical to what Crankbooster has as it has a .278 F/D as well. My feed horn is not a Chaparral corotor but it seems to be identical in design. I am able to tune stations well and get strong signals in most cases on both C and Ku. I was asking about the design of the Seavey to evaluate what improvement I might be able to get. I went to their web page and was not able to find a feed horn let alone a technical paper. If you don't know the model number or part number for an item it's tough to find anything on that site. I'd try the Chaparral corotor.

damned web site !

Sorry, since I posted the link to the hidden Seavey page above, their web site has undergone a giant transformation....
... for the worse ! ! !

What I do recall reading is that they did have feedhorns for various f/d ratio dishes.
If memory serves, the -X models were for the .25-.30 f/d dishes.
Something like: letter-letter-letter-20-X
or maybe: letter-letter-letter-40-X

However, on their newly posted web site, I can't find any hint of the above feedhorns.
If anyone really wants to pursue this matter, I'd suggest you phone 'em and ask.

I think that when I called Seavey a few years ago, they faxed me a drawing of a specialty feedhorn that I wanted to evaluate. I think they are in Massachusetts.

There are some seriously expensive feedhorns out there. I evaluated a headend for Muslim Television of America, and they had computer-controlled dual LNB, single polarity Ku feedhorns that were designed with a controllable flap in them, so if one LNB failed, the flap woud redirect the signal to the other LNB and the signal routing was automatically switched. I don't know it it was a Seavey or not, but that is the market they are catering to, so while someone might be willing to tell you how much more efficient they think their deep-dish feedhorn would be compared to a co-rotor when used on ten foot, .278 F/D dish, if the person you spealk to doesn't have that answer at his fingertips, then I wouldn't expect him to spend much time trying to obtain that information for you.

Too bad people don't have the knowledge to buy right stuff but end up buying cheap Sadoun stuff that is not suited for a dish like this at all.[/url]

Keep in mind most of our products are for consumer applications and not for comemrcial application. Not everyone can afford a $500+ feedhorn.

If it came with a C Band Only set up I would start with it. it is eaiser to set up and if you plan on using it for "normal" TV ( HBO, Starz Cnn and other SCHEDULED programming) a 4DTV reciever is fine. DSR920 or 922. I recently upgraded to KU, but it is mostly occasional feeds and more hobbiest orientated. ON C Band I have 26 + HBO & Cinemax to watch at a fraction of D* Prices.

I have a Winegard 10 footer that I use. I don't have any documentation because I got it from another guy who didn't have it anymore, but if there are any questions about it I'll be happy to tell you what I know.

Please can you tell my your location Lat & long and how you set your elevation and delination angles

For Houston, TX -
Elevation angle is 30.5 degrees.
offset angle is 4.5 degrees so when dish is in the center (not leaning east or west) it should be 35 degrees.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)